Nylon or Plastic Bushings for Windshield

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
mb159

Nylon or Plastic Bushings for Windshield

Postby mb159 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Hi all. The new windshield for my 1986 Montauk 17 arrived last week from UPD via Twin Cities Marine. I also ordered from Twin Cities the windshield installation kit supplied by Boston Whaler. While the kit contains the well nuts, finish washers, and screws, it does not contain the nylon or plastic bushing or shoulder washer that fits into the holes in the windshield.

I have read on previous threads here that the size of that bushing/washer is 1/4" X 1/4". I have looked everywhere I know to look--big box stores, internet--and cannot find a source. Does anyone know of a source for this item? I want to get my windshield installed, and while it appears they bushings may not be absolutely necessary, they were part of the original equipment and I want to keep my boat as original as possible, not to mention protect a $ 200 windshield! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

dtmackey

Re: Nylon/Plastic Bushings for Windshield

Postby dtmackey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

Try McMasterCarr.com they have lots of fasteners, bushings and washers. Just checked and they do have nylon shoulder washers.

D-

jimh

Re: Nylon or Plastic Bushings for Windshield

Postby jimh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am

My local ACE Hardware has a big selection of odd plastic hardware. The have a whole row of cardboard box drawers with an amazing assortment of little parts. Maybe try a local hardware that has a big selection of this stuff.