Rage 15

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
ShenandoahIndian

Rage 15

Postby ShenandoahIndian » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Been looking over this forum and different websites about the Rage 15. It does not run and I haven't even physically looked at it yet. My brother took a quick look at it and said the boat itself could be fixed up easily but he is unsure of whats wrong with the motor. The current owner bought it but is older and not really looking to work on fixing it up. The only thing the current owner knows about it is that some oil leaked out of one of the starter mounting bolt holes... not 100% for sure what that means.

Anyway... I'm going to go pick it up this evening and take it home for a while and play around with it. I know its not one of the most popular boats Boston Whaler ever produced but it may fit my needs. I was looking for some type of small bass boat that I could also take in Saltwater. If I can get the boat to fire up it may work out for me. I'll keep you updated on the boat. If anyone wants to share any information on the boat and/or its value please pass it along.

Thanks,
Kirk

ShenandoahIndian

Re: Rage 15

Postby ShenandoahIndian » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:19 pm

My previous boat was a 13' AbFab Salem Skiff with a 40hp... very similar to a 13' Whaler. Sold it and looking for something else.

ShenandoahIndian

Re: Rage 15

Postby ShenandoahIndian » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Got to see the boat in person yesterday. The owner had a guy get it running for a little bit with the choke held down until it started puking rusty looking gasoline out. Its been setting for about 6 years so carbs would need to be cleaned. The boat is a little beat up. I think any other model of Boston Whaler would be worth the investment but it seems I can find these Rages fairly cheap so I'll probably just pass on this one. Overheating and et drive problems seem to be pretty common with the Rages based on what I have read. I'll probably research it more before I make my decision but as of now I'm leaning away from this.