1967 Nauset Console and Bench position

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Softshell

1967 Nauset Console and Bench position

Postby Softshell » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:08 pm

i Just started a restoration [of a 1967 Boston Whaler NAUSET and I] am looking for original layout plans for the console and bench position. I am looking for some help--Tom, a first time poster here.

jimh

Re: 1967 Nauset Console and Bench position

Postby jimh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 pm

In the 16-foot 7-inch hull there is a rigging tunnel that is molded below the deck of the boat that runs between the stern deck sump compartment and an opening in the deck at a position where the console is to be located. The opening for the rigging tunnel that is in the forward part of the boat will give you guidance for where the console is intended to be installed. Where the pilot bench seat is to be installed is aft of the console, but you can adjust that to suit your own preference for distance between console and seat.

If you want the exact dimensions used in the original construction, you can probably get them by calling Boston Whaler customer service. If anyone would have a drawing that showed those dimensions, it would be Boston Whaler. They maintain a very good archive of old drawings for the boats from the 1960's. I would expect that in a extant hull you would be able to determine where the console was located by the screw fastener holes in the deck where the console and the seat where fastened to the deck.