1989 Super Sport: tighten forward line holders at bow

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Waterfun

1989 Super Sport: tighten forward line holders at bow

Postby Waterfun » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 pm

I am trying to figure out how to tighten the two stainless "pins" that are on the bow of the 1989 Sport 15. They appear as if you would hang a line on them. They are located below the [combined sidelight and chock] assembly. They are loose and have play in them.

It does not appear you twist them against each other to tighten and there also does not appear to be any internal access to them?

Please help with your thoughts.

[This thread was posted to MARKETPLACE. Please never use MARKETPLACE for any topics other than to post a notice of items FOR SALE or items WANTED TO BUY or to solicit a price appraisal for a specific boat. I haved moved this thread to REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS, a forum that discusses how to make repairs and modifications of Boston Whaler boats. The author has been notified that his thread was moved--jimh]

1986supersport

Re: How do you tighten front line holders on the bow of 1989 Super Sport

Postby 1986supersport » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:42 am

I think you are referring to the Bow Norman Pin. There is a threaded rod that runs through them and they do tighten against each other. When I bought my 1986 15 SS the internal threaded rod holding both ends of was bent so I sprayed it with some penetrating oil, let it soak and wrapped each end of the pin with a shop rag as to not gouge the brass ( and mine are original and do not have a flat "nut" like end to get a wrench on) and carefully loosened them up with pliers. There may be a better method but I bet if you let some penetrating oil soak in there for a bit yours should snug right up.

Here is a link for a replacement pin and will show you how it assembles.
http://www.marinepartdepot.com/magrstst316b.html