2010 200 Dauntless: Water inside CC and Bilge

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
cvann

2010 200 Dauntless: Water inside CC and Bilge

Postby cvann » Mon May 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello All--First Time / Long Time

I recently purchased a 2010 200 Dauntless and am noticing water accumulation inside the console around my battery boxes (trolling motor) and also in the bilge. It's not a ton (maybe a gallon or two), but enough to where it adds 10 minutes to my cleanup routine to remove it with my kids water blaster and some towels.

I've been catching fish, so each time I use the boat, the live well has been run. That is my first hypothesis for root cause. However, I'm curious as to where the typical leaks form on the deck in these boats as well, so I can test with a hose this weekend. The deck sealant looks to be in great shape, it's still bright white and i haven't seen any glaring holes. It does have the T-Top, freshwater, and fishing package options.

Also, when I rigged the trolling motor I found water in the front cavity behind the trolling motor connection plate at the bow. Assuming it's coming in from the rub rail somewhere, but curious if anyone else has noticed it there.

It's a Great Lakes freshwater boat and we love it so far. Handles 2 to 3-foot Lake Erie chop at 22-nautical-miles-per-hour really well. And I love the beam on this hull.

Thanks.