Revenge 20 W-T Hull Weight

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
wamair

Revenge 20 W-T Hull Weight

Postby wamair » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Do the boat weights in the specification sheets include the rigging.

I weighed my Revenge 20 W-T. My best guess it weighs 2,560 lbs, and 410-lbs over empty weight.

In the winter of 2017-2018, I drilled a 1/4-inch hole in the keel of the Revenge 20 W-T to check for water—not a drop in four months in a heated shop.

The Revenge 20 W-T has 660-lbs on the transom: a 200-HP engine and Honda BF15. The hull water line at the transom is at the top of the engine splash well drains.
I heard on the Revenge 22 the splash well drains should be above the water line, but the Revenge 22 has a hull two-feet longer.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks Phil

Phil T

Re: Revenge 20WT weight

Postby Phil T » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:29 pm

The published weights for classic models include the hull and standard features but do not include dealer installed motor or rigging.

Actual hull weights varied, sometimes significantly, since the hull was hand laid fiberglass and hand poured foam. In more recent days, with the introduction of automation and computerization, did hull weight variations decrease.

Comparing two hulls is not practical in your example.

If you are concerned about water infiltration, check your through hulls. If the rubber O rings are cracked, they should be replaced. If you want to improve your trim, consider moving weight forward.

It is not necessary to drill holes unless you are sure there is water and in doing so, reduction of water will be minimal.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

jimh

Re: Revenge 20 W-T Hull Weight

Postby jimh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 am

For classic era hulls the published weight for the hull does not include any engine weight nor any weight for engine rigging, other than what would have been on the boat, such as the steering wheel, the helm system (as mechanical or hydraulic) and the steering cables. Also no battery weight would be included.

To get back to the published weight, you have to remove everything added since the boat left the factory.