1994 Rage115 mystery wire

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
zoom42

1994 Rage115 mystery wire

Postby zoom42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 pm

I am reconnecting the wiring to the engine [from other devices on a 1994 RAGE 115-HP boat]. I cannot remember or find the attach point of a heavy-gauge wire with blue (or maybe aqua) insulation.

I have the factory service manual, and it is of no help.

At the battery end I had [the heavy-gauge wire with blue insulation] bundled with the battery-negative leads.

I took pictures of the engine for reference before the engine was removed. Unfortunately in the picture the wire with blue insulation connection is hidden. It appears to be attached somewhere to the rear of the starter solenoid near the main ground cable attach point.

I cannot believe [the heavy-gauge wire with blue insulation] attaches at same place as the main ground cable--to have two direct ground cables would not make sense.

To someone with a Rage: please look and see where that [heavy-gauge wire with blue or aqua insulation] should attach. Thanks

trs

Re: 1994 Rage115 mystery wire

Postby trs » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:23 am

Check where the BONDING WIRE IS ON THE BOAT.

I suspect that [heavy-gauge wire with blue or aqua insulation] is the bonding wire.

jimh

Re: 1994 Rage115 mystery wire

Postby jimh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 am

If “blue or maybe aqua” could have once been green, then a bonding conductor may be the correct identity for the mystery wire.

“Heavy” is not an identifier of wire size. Tell the conductor size in AWG.