2006 MONTAUK 170 Swim Platform

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Fantasea Camp

2006 MONTAUK 170 Swim Platform

Postby Fantasea Camp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:14 pm

[I] purchased a 2006 MONTAUK 170. [I] would really like to have a swim platform. [My] local dealer will only install [an] OEM [swim platform] and no OEM platforms [are] available.

[Do readers of this post have] any experience with installation [of a non-OEM swim platform] on a newer [170] MONTAUK?

jimh

Re: 2006 MONTAUK 170 Swim Platform

Postby jimh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:21 pm

I really doubt that Boston Whaler was the original manufacturer of the swim platform they install on their 170 MONTAUK boats. More likely the swim platform is a consumer-off-the-shelf item or is something made for them by one of the usual fabricators of swim platforms.

Call Sue at Twin Cities Marine In Wisconsin. She probably can get the platform you want.

Call Boston Whaler customer service, too.

Your Boston Whaler dealer is probably concerned about maintaining the integrity of the Unibond hull. The dealer might also be concerned about liability. A transom mounted swim platform on a outboard powered boat could be a liability if considered to be an unsuitable modification to the hull and something not added by the original manufacturer.