Revenge 22 Cabin Door Size

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
DJ_Ambrose

Revenge 22 Cabin Door Size

Postby DJ_Ambrose » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:50 am

I'm currently in negotiations for a Revenge 22 in Florida. I've already decided project number one is going to be replacing all the teak with Starboard and I'm curious how much it is going to cost. If someone could give me the dimensions of the cabin doors I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance, and have a great Christmas--David

jimh

Re: Revenge 22 Cabin Door Size

Postby jimh » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:35 am

For the purpose of estimating the area of the doors, use 10 x 42 -inches; there are two doors.

Good luck with the negotiations. I hope you are more successful with the purchase of this boat than the two prior Boston Whaler boats you posted about buying but eventually did not buy. If you actually become the owner of a REVENGE 22, you will soon be aware that the teak doors are not an ongoing problem and do not require constant refurbishment within one season of use.

DJ_Ambrose

Postby DJ_Ambrose » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Ha! And you only see the boats I almost buy and talk about here. For every one I list here there are another three or four I look at but don't buy. Most recently I looked at another revenge and was so sure I was going to buy it I went to the bank to take out money so I could pay the guy in cash. But my best friend has a friend who is a tech at a Whaler dealership. To keep this short I told him about the boat and he asked when/if the gas tank was replaced (It never was) He explained that because of what is really a design flaw the tanks develop leaks. And based on the age of the boat he told me he was 100 percent certain the tank already was leaking.

When I asked what it would cost to have it replaced he said it depends on how difficult it is to get the old one out but that I should expect to pay at least 3k. And with that I scratched another potential boat off my list.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks for your information from a friend-of-your-friend (who had never seen the boat you were considering buying) who told your friend who told you that there was a 100-percent certainty the fuel tank leaked in the boat you were planning to buy.