OEM Stern Seat for MONTAUK

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
pcrussell50

OEM Stern Seat for MONTAUK

Postby pcrussell50 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:28 pm

I noticed in the "Show US Your Whaler" thread, an entry from a new member, "roguewave". He has a nice and clean 1998 Montauk with a nice full-[width] aft seat that looks like it doesn't take up too much deck space. I have a [1998] Alert 17--Commercial Products version of the Montauk--with no seating at all because [its] original owner (Brian AKA fishnff) spec'd it out for maximum deck and fish fighting space--suits me just fine even though I could never hope to be the level of fisherman he is.

But my wife is a different story. She pretty much hates the boat, because it has no seating (even though we have four other small boats with proper seats). I also discovered when using the boat for recreational duty, that all the way back at the transom is the best ride in rough water. My 80-year-old mother with a bad back rode back there on a horrible rough day and had no complaints--it didn't hurt that the water was tropical warm Lake Mead in the summer.

How to get a seat like that? I feel that style would go better with the clean and modern look of my 1998 Montauk-Alert than a mahogany seat would.

http://postimg.org/image/6igw1u5nz/

-Peter

johnlandnsea

Re: OEM Stern Seat for MONTAUK

Postby johnlandnsea » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:12 pm

[The seat that is seen if you follow the link given above in the initial article] looks like this seat [made by a non-OEM aftermarket-vendor who recently came into the marketplace with items for Boston Whaler boats].
"Me upon my pony, on my boat"~Lyle Lovett

Phil T

Re: OEM Stern Seat for MONTAUK

Postby Phil T » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

Pete--I recall the long time vendor for the OEM like stern seat is Art's.

From the REFERENCE section article on Original Equipment Manufacturers and
Recommended Vendors
:

Art's Auto & Marine Inc.
736 Warren Avenue
Brockton, MA 02301
Telephone: 508-586-2137

Specialty Marine has not gotten high marks in the quality department.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003