Resuscitating 1978 Revenge 21’

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
BuddyRoeaux

Resuscitating 1978 Revenge 21’

Postby BuddyRoeaux » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:10 am

This is my first post, I was referred here and I hope this will help me on my endeavors. I was just given a 1978 Revenge 21’ from my father and I’m going to need help bringing it back to life. Thankfully the boat has been garaged kept its whole life and the project won’t be as bad is I was predicting it to be.

I am seeking help finding new decals, re-chroming the brass, Bimini top fasteners/ repair and possibly a new wiring Harnesses for lighting in the boat.

Imgur links to pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/Mkrgtss

biggiefl

Re: Resuscitating 1978 Revenge 21’

Postby biggiefl » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am

Decals are OEM through magic brush. Janis will hook you up on the logos and the pinstripe and even make matching reg. numbers. Rechroming the brass is a major project as you need to strip the chrome. There should not be too much to do however as the cleats should be marinium. If just the bow chock, buy a stainless one instead. Lastly, you will not find a wring harness, you will need to make one if necessary. Bimini parts, etc are available at any marine store.
On my 24th Whaler. Currently in the stable: 86 18' Outrage, 81 13' Sport(original owner), 87 11' Sport, 69 Squall(for sale cheap).

BuddyRoeaux

Re: Resuscitating 1978 Revenge 21’

Postby BuddyRoeaux » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Thank you biggiefl. I’m really green to this and look forward to working on this project.