230 Dauntless Replacement Windshield

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
boatsmith

230 Dauntless Replacement Windshield

Postby boatsmith » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:43 pm

I am buying a 2013 23 Dauntless. The previous owner cut the windshield way down so he could fit under a bridge leaving little for protection from spray. I would like to avoid buying a replacement at Boston Whaler pricing. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket or custom made windshield available? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jefecinco

Re: 230 Dauntless Replacement Windshield

Postby Jefecinco » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:36 am

I've found that for the long haul OEM is almost always the better solution. The OEM replacement windshield I once bought had all the holes pre-drilled for a perfect fit. The two bends were also in precisely the right place. Even with everything perfectly placed it took me a few tries before I managed to install the windshield perfectly. I was provided the windshield under warranty so there was no cost. I did the work myself to avoid the tows to and from the out-of-town dealership and the downtime involved with getting the boat into the shop.

I have been able to haggle a discount from a parts man at a dealer's parts counter once or twice. Fifteen percent was the best I could do. It never hurts to ask.
Butch

Masbama

Re: 230 Dauntless Replacement Windshield

Postby Masbama » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Ordered mine for my 18 Dauntless through Sue Lodel, Twin Cities Marine. Will be here soon.