2006 Montauk 150 Fuel Hose Replacement

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
dbtfree15

2006 Montauk 150 Fuel Hose Replacement

Postby dbtfree15 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:54 am

I have a 2006 Montauk 150. I am trying to replace the fuel hose that goes from the transom access panel on the starboard side to under the [helm] seat. [The fuel hose] seems very solidly in place; it [won't] move or shift no matter how hard I pull on either end. The rubber hose seems to be fixed in place somehow.

Q1: where could the rubber fuel hose running between under the helm seat and the transom be fixed in place?

I cannot see where the rubber hose could be fixed in place, so I assume [won't move] just because it is swollen with age.

Give me advice on how to get the rubber fuel hose to move so I can pull it free.

Q2: once I can get the existing fuel hose moving, how can I pull into place a new fuel hose?

I was thinking to cut the old hose, put in a double-sided hose barb, and connect a new hose to the hose barb, and pull in the new hose as I pulled out the old hose.

Suggest another method to pull in the new fuel hose.

dbtfree15

Re: 2006 Montauk 150 Fuel Hose Replacement

Postby dbtfree15 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Give me a new idea on how to replace the fuel hose as described above.

GoldenDaze

Re: 2006 Montauk 150 Fuel Hose Replacement

Postby GoldenDaze » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:08 pm

You can find the fuel system diagram at

https://www.bostonwhaler.com/content/da ... t-2006.pdf.

There appears to be a small port installed in the cockpit sole labelled "refer to dwg 06-151" that the fuel hose passes through, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be any mounting or hold-down documented for the fuel hose. Unless it's a particularly tight fit through that port or the port is caulked, I don't see an obvious reason why the fuel hose won't move.

The referenced "drawing 06-151" is at

https://www.bostonwhaler.com/content/da ... t-2006.pdf

That drawing appears to be talking about part number 32 on sheet 2, though I can't say that adds any useful information.

-Bob
2003 160 Dauntless Golden Daze