1999 Conquest 23 Live Well Always Full

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Lucaseosso

1999 Conquest 23 Live Well Always Full

Postby Lucaseosso » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:55 pm

I have a 1999 Conquest 23. The [live well] is able to pump out but it seems like water is always coming in. How do I stop the water from coming in? There is no plug to stop the water. [The live well] is always full. I have no way of not stopping the water from coming back in and filling the [live well] to a certain level. What is the trick to stop the water from purging back in? There is no spot for a plug.

jimh

Re: 1999 Conquest 23 Live Well

Postby jimh » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:37 am

[This thread has been moved to REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS. There were two more articles of a similar nature that have been combined into this single article. These three articles were posted within a few minutes of each other to an existing thread on a completely different topic. Please do not revive older threads only to change their topic. Please to not post three articles in succession on the same topic.]

Mambo Minnow

Re: 1999 Conquest 23 Live Well Always Full

Postby Mambo Minnow » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:40 am

See my similar response for Conquest 21. There is a white plastic knob up on the underside of the live well lip inside and the helm switch on the console for water.

Further down inside bilge near port transom should also be a seacock valve with 90 degree handle. Look underneath boat for sea strainer intake. This is where seawater is drawn in to supply the livewell