Seven Days on the Salish Sea

Accounts of trips taken in Boston Whaler boats; organization of rendezvous for Boston Whaler boats
abest

Seven Days on the Salish Sea

Postby abest » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Dear Whaler friends,

For the visually inclined, here's a photo essay of a 7-day adventure in the Pacific Northwest on a 1969 17' Boston Whaler Katama. The boat was originally my father's and has been through 4 re-powerings now. "Bostie", as she's called by the family, has been unsinkably plying Northwest waters for 47 years now. The photos were taken primarily in the San Juan Islands in Washington State.

Time & Tide: 7 Days on the Salish Sea
http://aaronbestphotographs.com/p296747887

There are some Whaler sightings in there, sure, but as it should be: at least some of the fun should be about what you can see FROM the boat. :-)

Kind regards,
Aaron Best
Last edited by abest on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMARTIN

Re: Seven Days on the Salish Sea

Postby JMARTIN » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:05 pm

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. I could recognize quite a few of the locations. My favorite is Hat Island with the lights of the refineries in the back ground.

John

jimh

Postby jimh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:09 am

The images are very good. I really appreciate good images, but even more if they have good captions. Is it possible to add captions to the images in the photo-hosting and presentation software used with these? That would make the fine images even more enjoyable to view.

Phil T

Re: 7 Days on the Salish Sea

Postby Phil T » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:47 pm

Aaron - Thank you for sharing. Quite beautiful.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

abest

Postby abest » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:34 am

Thank you for the feedback and for your interest! I'm glad you enjoyed the images from the trip. It was a great midlife crisis.

Jim--good idea with the captions. I put together a photo index with some description of where the photos were taken and added that at the top of the page. Here's a direct link to that index:

http://aaronbestphotographs.com/time-tide_photo-index.pdf

John--yes, Hat Island is a well-named island. Sounds like you and I know similar waters. Now you can use the index to check your score... :-)

Kind regards,
Aaron

Jimmy4eyes

Postby Jimmy4eyes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:56 am

I just (today) bought my first Boston Whaler boat. I've had other boats but looking forward to getting in my 2004 170 Montauk. I am considering an August run from Everett to Orcas --Deception Pass at slack or Swinomish at high tide. I'm curious about the best route and any other tips you have. I'll be up there for about 10 days and know I'd like to spend a day on Sucia.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:24 am

Exceptional photographs and a very nice presentation with Adobe. When you have a full day of sunshine up there it must cause a celebration.

I spent a week in Kent, WA a long, long time ago (1970). We were close to a large Boeing facility. It was in January but the weather was nice if a bit different than our weather at our home base in El Paso, Texas.
Butch