210 VENTURA Fuses and Breaker Panel

Electrical and electronic topics for small boats
pred02

210 VENTURA Fuses and Breaker Panel

Postby pred02 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:06 pm

I have 2006 Ventura 210. One of the 15-Amperes circuit switches for the live well pump needs to be replaced: what is the part number?

Also the panel that says Livewell and Raw Water pump has cracked: tell me where I can find a replacement.

I checked the schematic on WHALER.COM, but I had a hard time finding the parts.

Thanks

pred02

Re: 210 VENTURA Fuses and Breaker Panel

Postby pred02 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm

I found this panel. I believe this panel is not original. It can be customized in many colors.

https://www.fpmarine.com/Boston-Whaler- ... awlive.htm

jimh

Postby jimh » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:08 am

The circuit breaker or switch should have the manufacturer’s part number marked on it. Boston Whaler sometimes uses very unusual switch configurations to get a particular switch action. If the switch is just a simple two-position OFF-ON action, you may be able to use a generic replacement instead of ordering from Boston Whaler.

Specifying switch contact, configuration, terminals, colors, illumination, and so on can be very complex and tedious. For one switch, just order from Boston Whaler.

The panel with pre-printed switch designations will likely only be available from Boston Whaler as a part sold through a dealer. The panel you linked to looks good to me, if it matches the OEM. I doubt that Boston Whaler actuality makes their own panels; they probably job-out that work.

A schematic wiring diagram typically won’t provide manufacturer or vendor part numbers.

If your local Boston Whaler dealer is clueless or not interested in helping you, then contact Twin Cities Marine in Wisconsin. Twin Cities Marine is renown for being helpful and willing to track down obscure parts for Boston Whaler owners.

pred02

Postby pred02 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 am

Thank you. I emailed Sue at Twin City and also emailed Boston Whaler at their general email address.

I replaced the 15A fuse with another ETA one--not exact but it works. To replace it we got the push button boot off but when i pit it back on it does not stick.

How can I make it stick again?

Now that Chuck is retired do we have another contact for the Boston Whaler?

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:17 am

pred02 wrote:I replaced the 15A fuse with another ETA one--not exact but it works.

Your description of "ETA" makes me think you are not talking about a fuse. An "ETA" sounds like a circuit breaker. The devices FUSE and CIRCUIT BREAKER are very different devices.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:19 am

pred02 wrote:...we got the push button boot off but when [I put] it back on it does not stick.

How can I make it stick again?

I have no idea. Usually a rubber boot on a round button-type actuator is threaded on. You probably broke the rubber boot away from its attached threaded ring when you removed it. I expect your only remedy is to buy a replacement rubber boot, remove the threaded ring from the old boot, and install the new boot.

This mention of a push button and a rubber boot also makes me think you are talking about a circuit breaker, not a fuse.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 am

pred02 wrote:Now that Chuck is retired do we have another contact for the Boston Whaler?

This is a new topic, better addressed in THE GAM. Please repost this question to THE GAM.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:42 pm

The OP is referring to a resettable breaker.

A fuse is not repairable or resettable.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003