WTB: 190 Nantucket or Outrage

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
MBE

WTB: 190 Nantucket or Outrage

Postby MBE » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Ready to buy, now or fall season, 190 Outrage or Nantucket. willing to pay market price, using soldboat.com as guideline, $30k soft budget limit, biggest variable seems to be power, but the Optimax-powered prices seem to have room for future repower. I prefer dealer as private sales seem to have trust problems on both sides, but there are few listings on BOATTRADER. I've owned many boats; my 15' whaler was my absolute favorite around Puget Sound and the San Juans. Also owned a 22' Revenge I/O. Location of boat is not important as I am prepared to travel; the northwest seems to prefer Bayliners and aluminium. RON_98110@yahoo.com

Divin'Ivan

Re: WTB: 190 Nantucket or Outrage

Postby Divin'Ivan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm looking to sell mine in the next couple of months. I can't get soldboat.com to open but NADA list price is $46k, low retail is $35k average retail is $39k, this is using the current equipment but does not account for some options I installed. I also just replaced all 4 hubs/disk brakes and calipers with Kodiak on the original Karavan trailer provided by Boston Whaler.

My 190 Outrage is a 2013 with a 2013 Mercury 150 4-Stroke, 6 month old Garmin EchoMap+ 94sv, I am the original owner. Let me know if you are interested.
Current boat - 2018 270 Dauntless, Twin Mercury 225 Verado
Previous boat - 2013 190 Outrage, Mercury 150 EFI - SOLD

MBE

Re: WTB: 190 Nantucket or Outrage

Postby MBE » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Ivan
Your boat would be what I am looking for, however, I just closed the deal for a Robalo R180, 2016 boat, 2017 Yamaha F150, fits in my garage, AND with a HEAD. Leaving for SC, from WA, soon. Here is my story...

Here is an update on my boat quest… I have been looking for a Boston Whaler 190 Outrage for months. I have had 3 Whalers over the years and my favorite boat in Puget Sound was a 15’ Sport. I was able to quickly tour the San Juans extensively, and carried enough camping gear for overnight trips. Subsequently larger boats added to complications and as a result, fewer trips. So, after selling my Rosborough 246 last year, I decided to downsize.

I chased Whalers on Boat Trader and Craigslist, mostly feeling frustrated with $25K, 14 year old boats that had outdated power and electronics. The few 5 year old boats were not much different, but they cost $40k +. I started looking for alternatives as it started to look like BW has passed its prime, at least in the Northwest. I really liked the Robalo R180; similar hull to the Outrage, but more features, Yamaha power, new electronics and it also would fit into my garage. I priced out what I considered my dreamboat, and it seemed reasonable and affordable with financing. (However, the flash does seem embarrassing.)

Then I checked Boat Trader and found the same 2 year old boat that fit my options, including my mandatory required 150 hp Yahama . Check the spec sheet attached. I called the broker and closed the deal; $31k I’ve attached the spec sheet. I’ll leave for SC later this week in my Volvo to pick it up. Yeah, the Volvo is rated to tow 3400#.

The story will continue…