150 MONTAUK Hull Damage Repair

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Jdawley

150 MONTAUK Hull Damage Repair

Postby Jdawley » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Hello whaler experts. I’m on my third Boston Whaler boat, but this [150 MONTAUK] is my first damaged boat.

I do not remember hitting anything, but, while looking at my 2017 150 MONTAUK on its lift, I noticed a 4-inch by 2-inch plastic flake is missing. There is a plastic-type wrap material under [the missing flake], and then more black plastic. The black plastic does not appear to be damaged.

I am off this week at a remote lake and would like to use [the 150 MONTAUK]. I hope to just tape over [the flake] with sail repair tape, and the address [the repair] over winter. The plastic-type wrap material looks to still be intact.

Is [using the boat as it is without repairing the damage] a bad idea?

I would prefer to save the boat than to boat over the week if it is better off not being used, but if reasonable I would really prefer to use the boat this week.

When I do repair it, what do I need to do?

Can I just use a standard hull repair kit from Boston Whaler and paint the stuff on?

[See damaged area below in next post.]

Thanks

Josh

Jdawley

Re: 150 MONTAUK Hull Damage Repair

Postby Jdawley » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 pm

CB3422CC-A2A4-46C8-A93E-47062EAF7C1B.jpeg
CB3422CC-A2A4-46C8-A93E-47062EAF7C1B.jpeg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 29845 times

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:18 am

Assuming the darker area of the hull seen in the image is below the water line, the boat should not be operated in the water without making that damage completely water tight.

Since you want to make a temporary repair, I suggest using several layers of high quality cloth duct tape with strong adhesive characteristics. Look for really good duct tape—$20 a roll—not the junk selling for $2.99 at some mini-mart at a gas station. The tape should be so strong that it takes some effort to pull it off the roll.

Cover both damaged areas with the tape. It will be an ugly repair but it should hold for a week.

For advice on a proper repair see the two articles in the REFERENCE section:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/refere ... epair.html

and

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/refere ... tions.html

The damage appears in the image to be larger than 4-inches by 2-inches.

The damage appears to have been caused by an impact of some sort.

The hull construction has three layers:

—outer gel coat resin layer, about 0.020-inch thick;

—laminated cloth and resin layer, varying thickness; and

—foam filling all internal space in hull

Only the gel coat resin layer is waterproof.

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:33 am

Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice.

Josh

fillman

Postby fillman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 pm

ZIP system seam tape [will] stick better than any Duct or Gorilla tape.

vze2gbs4

Postby vze2gbs4 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:06 am

Josh-first that "plastic" you refer to is gelcoat, and the "black staff" under gelcoat is fiberglass. You have managed to penetrate the hull beyond the gel coat below the waterline, exposing your boat to water penetration into the hull foam and making a boat waterlogged . Do not under any circumstance use [the boat] before [the damage is] repaired.

Judging by your lack of knowledge of recognizing how serious a problem you have, I advise you to go see a professional fiberglass repair shop that will do proper repairs and match a gel coat so it looks like it was never there.

Again do not take this damage lightly: go fix it it right. Your boat is very new and has a good value. Once [the repair is] done, enjoy [the boat] again. And watch for those rocks that do damage like this if in shallow water.

On the other note - I have owned many Boston Whaler boats, but few very newer ones like 150 MONTAUK. The thickness of gelcoat in newer models is a joke--almost like an egg shell. To penetrate the hull does not take much [impact force].

[WIth] older models you could sand all day long and you will never get to black fibers of the fiberglass .

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 am

Thank you for that information. I haven’t used it other than to get it off the lift. I will get it repaired this winter. The black stuff under the gel coat actually has a layer like Saran Wrap that was between it and the gel coat. The Saran Wrap was still intact.

BTW I know it’s not Saran Wrap but would be curious to see what it is.

Now to find a knowledgeable repairman in eastern Washingtom...
Thanks again,

Josh

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:00 am

Any chance we can see a higher res, size photo of the damage? Email is in my profile.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

Dutchman

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:04 am

Phil--if Josh sends you a higher resolution picture please share it. [I am sure that was Phil's intent--jimh]

Josh-- I'm still trying to get my head around what caused this.

Q1: How big are the areas [that have damage]?

[The images] look like the gel coat is peeling off. If [the gel coat layer is peeling off, then the hull may have a defect that could be remedied under the Boston Whaler 10-year Hull] warranty.

If [the damage] was due to an impact, [refer to the] repair solutions mentioned in replies above.

Q2: Is the perfect circle shown in the image a penetration?

For a temporary or interim solution, the ZIP system tape available at any home improvement would be the best solution.

[To apply the temporary repair, follow this procedure:]

--clean area with denatured alcohol or MEK or acetone

--apply ZIP tape

--enjoy the weekend

--then repair or have repaired as mentioned.
EJO
"Clumsy Cleat"look up what it means
50th edition 2008 Montauk 150, w/60HP Mercury Bigfoot

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone (or MEK) can be used as cleaning solvent, but be careful. The manufacturer's label warns:

Use only as specified by the coating, adhesive, or hobby product manufacturer. Do not use as a general purpose cleaner. M.E.K. may soften or damage plastics, synthetics and many other finishes. Use only where specified, and test an inconspicuous area before application.

Cf.: http://www.kleanstrip.com/product/m.e.k ... hyl-ketone

I suggest Acetone as it will evaporate faster. Or alcohol, much easier to find and less expensive.

As for which brand-name of strong adhesive cloth tape you plan to use as a temporary repair, I don't know that one particular brand will have exceptionally better properties for adhesive strength and resistance to water. Many years ago we rented a cottage. The cottage came with a small aluminum boat. The bottom of the aluminum boat was full of pin holes from the abrasion of the bottom on a stony beach, and the boat leaked like a sieve. I wanted to use the boat, so I covered the bottom with a few pieces of some good quality Duct tape in the region of the holes. The boat was completely dry for the week we used it.

The next year we also rented the same cottage. My Duct tape repair was still on the cottage's boat, and there were no leaks. I offer this as evidence that using high-quality Duct tape will permit you to make a reasonably good water proof covering for the damage areas on your hull for a brief time like a week.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Note the initial post was made on August 3, 2018 and mentioned that the boat was to be used in the next week. WIth some addition, I deduce that "next week" could begin as late as August 10 and end as late as August 17. I am sure on August 21, 22, and 23 that the "next week" has already occurred. Newly added advice warning against using the boat or advice suggesting suggesting it could be used is being given after the use may or may not have occurred in the "next week."

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Jdawley wrote:The black stuff under the gel coat actually has a layer like Saran Wrap that was between it and the gel coat. The Saran Wrap was still intact.

Josh--I suggest you contact Boston Whaler customer service. Ask them about this layer of thin, flexible, plastic-like, Saran-Wrap-like material that is found in the area of damage on your boat.

Saran Wrap-type material would typically NOT be used between layers of the hull such as the gel coat layer and the next resin and fiber layer. Get advice from the factory about this. I don't think such a layer would typically be found in a Boston Whaler Unibond hull.

Materials that have a quality or feel like Saran Wrap are generally high-molecular-weight plastics that are not likely to make good chemical bonds with other resins like the polyester resins and gel coat resins used in making a Boston Whaler boat. That you find this material in the area that has suffered a loss of bond between the gel coat resin and the underlying polyester fiberglass layers is unusual in my opinion. Get clarification on this from Boston Whaler.

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 pm

The damaged hull looks odd to me. Usually when a hull hits a hard object it produces a scrape/gouge. This looks more like a egg shell peeling apart.
Just my perception.

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:31 pm

I just took the boat in today. I forwarded the high-resolution pictures to Phil.

Repair crew that was recommended by the Boston Whaler shop that I purchased the boat new from felt that I should take it back to the Boston Whaler shop because the plastic layer should not be in there.

The Boston Whaler shop is going to contact the Boston Whaler factory. [The fiberglass repair shop] also did not think that the piece of plastic should be in there.

I’ll keep everybody updated as to what we find. When I pulled the duct tape off, it actually removed about six more inches of that gel coat from the plastic layer.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Here are two photos from Josh and an update:

Just got the boat in to the shop today. I took it over to the repair person and was just planning on paying for it. The repair person said that there was some sort of plastic between the gelcoat in fiberglass that should not be there. He was thinking that maybe somebody left a piece of plastic between the two. I’ll show you a couple pictures.

Currently it is at my local Boston whaler shop and they are going to contact Boston whaler because they also did not think that the piece of plastic material should be between the gelcoat and the fiberglass.

I don’t think I can post a high-resolution pictures on the continuous wave website but maybe you can. I’m always looking for feedback on the best way to approach this. I really hope that the whole Hull does not have the plastic.

IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 29552 times

And

IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 29552 times
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

flymo

Postby flymo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:10 pm

This certainly looks like a mistake in the manufacturing process. In my opinion, Whaler should give you a new hull, at a minimum. Somehow this extra piece of plastic got in there and is affecting the bonding of the various layers. It already looks like a huge repair, and it will never be right.

vze2gbs4

Postby vze2gbs4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:57 am

[The damage to the boat under discussion] is something new that I have never seen in a Boston Whaler hull. This thread is becoming very interesting.

How far does this piece of plastic go?

The bonding of foam, fiberglass, and gelcoat is definitely affected and makes this hull defective.

Let us know how things go.

A Boston Whaler boat does have hull warranty [that should give a buyer a remedy to] defects in [original] manufacture [of the hull].

How did that piece end up there?

I don't think any of us have ever seen anything like it before .

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:00 pm

ASIDE: the website has nothing to do with the resolution of your digital images. Your digital camera determines the image resolution.

In order for you to show us the damaged area with better resolution, you just need to take a close-up image of the damage.

The website will be glad to bear the cost of storing and serving your image files within very generous and reasonable limits of pixel height and width and total file size.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Jdawley wrote:Repair crew...felt that I should take it back to the Boston whaler shop because the plastic layer should not be in there.

Your (honest) repair shop gave you the same good advice you received in this thread.

jimh wrote:Josh--I suggest you contact Boston Whaler customer service. Ask them about this layer of thin, flexible, plastic-like, Saran-Wrap-like material that is found in the area of damage on your boat.

Saran Wrap-type material would typically NOT be used between layers of the hull such as the gel coat layer and the next resin and fiber layer. Get advice from the factory about this. I don't think such a layer would typically be found in a Boston Whaler Unibond

Masbama wrote:The damaged hull looks odd to me.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Jdawley wrote:... When I pulled the duct tape off and actually removed about six more inches of that gel coat from the plastic layer.

Egad—that is a sure indication that something is VERY wrong with the original molding of that hull.

If what you have described and shown us is representative of the actual hull condition, I would anticipate you will get a remedy provided by the factory.

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Jimh,

I agree completely. The advice here has been fantastic and appreciated.

My local dealer, Trudeau’s Marina In Spokane, Washington, has been great so far.

I will keep you updated as things evolve. I can not take any additional photos at this time as the boat is now at the dealer.

Thanks again

Josh

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:51 pm

JOSH--send me the best image or two you have so far. I will add them to the thread is the highest possible image size allowed.

Also--please check for a PM I am sending.

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:25 pm

I sent the only pictures I had to Phil. He posted them above for me.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Jim - Sent them to you.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

coachf

Postby coachf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:04 am

When [the production workers at Boston Whaler] wax the mold and shoot in the gelcoat, would the lay-up of the fiberglass and resin be done before the gel coat resin layer kicks off to ensure a chemical and physical bond?

This boat looks like they sprayed the gel coat and then coated it in plastic to help it set. Then they forgot to remove the plastic before adding the fibreglass layers—not repairable in my view.

jimh

Postby jimh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:30 am

coachf wrote:...would the lay-up of the fiberglass and resin be done before the gel coat resin kicks off to ensure a chemical...bond?

That is my understanding of the process used by Boston Whaler. I believe the whole hull and inner hull are laid up in one step, then the foam is introduced between the two pieces, and the whole assembly left to cure.

Laminates of multiple layers of material and polyester resin that cure together have primary bonds, which are stronger than a secondary bond—when occurs new resin is applied to a cured layer of the laminate.

As I said in my first comment, a material like Saran Wrap is not supposed to be between layers.

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm

I called the dealer today and asked for a status update.

They contacted Boston Whaler. They’re going to send it back to the repair man to have it repaired. They will cover the cost of the repair is out was not supposed to have that chunk of plastic in there. He thought maybe the piece of plastic was blown in while coating it or something of that nature.

Not really sure that I’m happy with the repaired brand new boat. I really plan on keeping it and give it to my kids eventually, but if I ever did up selling it I can’t imagine it’s value is as great with the repaired hull. I know I would want a discount.

I’ll keep updating as it plays out.

Thanks

Todd

Postby Todd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:05 pm

This is very interesting as I would think the folks at Boston Whaler would want to make this right with you. If our presumption is correct that the layer of clear plastic does not belong in the mold, it means full replacement of the hull and nothing less.

I think the reason we buy such boats and pay a fairly large premium is that we are getting a superior product from a manufacturer that stands behind the product.

Lastly, as you do not recall hitting anything, is it possible the plastic somehow caused or contributed to the damage in the first place? If so, fixing these sections likely won't solve the problem.

I will follow the rest of this story with keen interest.

Todd

excerpt from some portion of Boston Whaler warranty statement wrote:Boston Whaler, Inc. (“Boston Whaler”) provides the following Limited Warranty to the original retail owner of its 2017 model year boats, if purchased from an authorized Boston Whaler Dealer and operated under normal, non-commercial use ("Boat''), subject to the remedies, exclusions, and limitations set out below.

1. Ten-Year Structural Hull Limited Warranty: Any Structural Hull Defect in material or workmanship which is reported within ten (10) years from the date of sale to the original purchaser will be repaired or replaced at Boston Whaler's sole discretion. The "Hull" shall mean the single fiberglass molded shell and integral structural components. A Structural Hull Defect shall mean a substantial defect in the Boat's Hull which causes the boat to be unfit or unsafe for general use as a pleasure craft under normal operating conditions.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm

The warranty specifies that the manner of the remedy will be at the sole discretion of Boston Whaler. I don't know how you can argue with that.

I worked with the images that were sent to Phil and then forward to me, to see if they were in a higher resolution and might be better shown in the the thread. Here are the images showing the damage in the best resolution possible from the files I got from Phil that Phil got from Josh:

1.jpg
Fig. 2. Hull damage
1.jpg (37.24 KiB) Viewed 29322 times

2.jpg
FIg. 1. Hull damage
2.jpg (6.97 KiB) Viewed 29322 times

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I will clarify:

I called the dealer today and asked for a status update.

The local dealer contacted Boston Whaler. The local dealer is going to send the boat hull back to the repair man to have the boat hull repaired. Boston Whaler will cover the cost of the repair as the boat hull was not supposed to have that chunk of plastic in there. The local dealer thought maybe the piece of plastic was blown in while coating the boat hull.

Also, I talked to Boston Whaler today and they feels like the hull will be as good as new after the repair.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Josh

ASIDE: JimH--I have trouble understanding your difficulty getting the meaning of my last post.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks for clarifying you comment.
Jdawley wrote:JimH--I have trouble understanding your difficulty getting the meaning of my last post.

The reason I asked for clarification was the pronouns "they", "it", and "he" did not have clear and unambiguous antecedent nouns. I am sure that your sentences were clear to you, as you wrote them, but to me, a reader, I was not able to be confident in interpretation of the pronouns and what they referred to.

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Please keep us updated as to the outcome of this dilemma. I think we can all agree that this is a manufacturing defect and now we will be able to read how Boston Whaler acts in terms of satisfying their customers.

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Boston Whaler is known for being a quality boat, but they are not immune manufacturing defects. I found many micro-void bubbles in my 15's deck, and it also has pieces of iron cast into between the non-skid gelcoat and fiberglass skin when I ground it down for restoration. I'm sure it's like any business where an unhappy worker, a chemical mix error, or something else contributed to this problem, but since you are covered under warranty it shows that Whaler stands behind their product.

D-

jimh

Postby jimh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

Jdawley wrote:...The local dealer thought maybe the piece of plastic was blown in while coating the boat hull.

I don't agree with that speculation. I don't think there are high wind or air currents in the laminate booths. If there were large air currents that can blow in material from adjacent work areas, there would be a tendency for the booth to become contaminated and you would see problems like this on a routine basis. It is my expectation--really my hope--that hull laminating fabrication is done in an area with sufficient isolation that materials don't get blow into the molds as boats are being laid up.

A more plausible situation is that the plastic sheet might have been some sort of separating packaging material from a sheet of fiberglass cloth that was placed into the mold during the laminate lay-up. The plastic material should have been removed from the backing of fiberglass cloth, but was not, due to a mistake by a laminate worker.

No matter how the plastic got in there, it was an error in manufacturing of the hull.

Don McIntyre - MI

Postby Don McIntyre - MI » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm with jimh; I can't figure out why that piece of plastic was allowed to remain inside the hull, between the gel coat application and the sealing up of both hulls, prior to the foam injection process. Does not make sense.

What I am curious about, is to the total area that the plastic covers. Only pealing the gel off the the hull, starting at the exposed area will reveal that.

Regards - Don

Dutchman

Postby Dutchman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:48 am

Don, Jim, Phil and OP we all agree that this was a problem during manufacturing. No matter how Boston Whaler under warranty has the discretion of how to fix this. A repair is BS as nobody knows currently how large that piece of plastic is or if there are other areas where there is more. I'm sure that if this boat was used in a much warmer climate where there would be extreme temperatures problems might have shown up earlier or again. What is between the any of the fiberglass lay-ups? Manufacturing mistakes were made.

If I were the OP I would not except a repair and would demand a new hull. I would be livid.

As mentioned before in this thread this boat was bought at a premium for its quality and construction prowess. This is a boat on its second season--brand new--in a mild climate, a major error was made during manufacturing affecting the the hull. Boston Whaler should step up and replace the hull and use this defect hull for analysis and education.

Sorry just my two-cents worth.
EJO

Don McIntyre - MI

Postby Don McIntyre - MI » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Josh's 9/13 post regarding "send the boat hull back to the repair man" is curious. Is the hull being sent back to the factory where a repair may be accomplished or does the factory subcontract that work out?

Time will tell.

During my one tour of the Maryland plant, we watched a 17' hull being prepped for the foam pour, It was an interesting process. The inside hull mold was rolled around the production floor, upside down. Both molds had metal wheels and the workers would spray gel, layup the required layers of glass, and position wood in certain areas of the molds. The inner hull was then lifted about six to eight feet in the air (the outer mold gunwale area was about four feet off the floor, and it had to rotate and clear the outer hull mold, and my 41 year old memory may be a bit foggy) by chain falls at either end, rotated 180 degrees and the outer hull mold was rolled underneath. Then the inner hull mold was lowered into the outer hull mold, and pneumatic clamps were placed and activated around the perimeter of the hull about every three feet.

Mixing and pouring the foam into the now mated molds was the next step. Also an interesting process.

I think the only way that the crew could have missed a loose sheet of plastic embedded in either mold prior to the mating is if they were mating the inner mold to the outer mold in the dark.

As Jim mentioned earlier, not removing a section of protective shipping plastic from a roll of glass, and then cutting and embedding the glass, with the plastic on the outside, where it would be in contact with the previous sprayed gel coat, makes sense to me.

Regards - Don

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 pm

I just received a call from the local dealer. The boat has been repaired and is ready for pick up. The boat was repaired at a local fiberglass repair shop called, “Rod’s Custom Fiberglass Repair”.

I will be able to pick it up on Friday and can post pictures. I would prefer a new boat hull but they certainly don’t want to give me one (I asked).

Thanks

Josh

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:05 am

Don McIntyre - MI wrote:...During my one tour of the Maryland plant...

I think you must mean the Massachusetts plant, in Rockland.

The old methods of laminating Boston Whaler boats have been refined a bit. I visited the Edgewater plant in March, 2005. I wrote an article and included several photographs of the plant, including one showing the new method of adding foam to the two-part hull structure. See

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/factory.html

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am

Jim--you seem to be very familiar with the boats. Would you be willing to take [a] repaired hull or would you insist on a new one?

Thanks to all for advice--Josh

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 pm

The repair was completed by the local repair shop and paid for by Boston Whaler. I would post a picture but it would just be of a perfect hull. They did a wonderful job and I am pleased with the results.

Thanks again for all of the help on this subject.

Josh

jimh

Postby jimh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 am

Jdawley wrote: Would you be willing to take a repaired hull or would you insist on a new one?

The warranty specifies that the remedy is at Boston Whaler's discretion, so I don't think it matters what I think.

Jdawley wrote:I would post a picture but it would just be of a perfect hull.

I completely understand. Any good repair is undetectable, particularly in a small low-resolution photograph, so no need to give us a photograph of something we cannot see in the photograph.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 am

Josh--I think we are all wondering what is the official explanation from Boston Whaler. Why there is plastic sheeting under the gel coat?

In terms of repair, how large an area was repaired? And was it only a gelcoat repair or was there fiberglass work, too?
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

Mr T

Postby Mr T » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm

i cannot help but wonder if this evidence of plastic sheeting is present in other areas of that hull. I would be very concerned that the "repair" performed was to address only the visible section and not investigate more fully to see if this is present elsewhere.

Fenx

Postby Fenx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:06 am

I think the moment a second [manifestation of damage to the hull gelcoat that is] of similar nature occurs, Boston Whaler should replace the hull.

Fenx

Postby Fenx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:07 am

also I would ask the repair main evidence of how big they needed to open the area to make sure there was no more plastic

Dutchman

Postby Dutchman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am

yea we never heard back from Josh after the repair except he picked the boat up.
No pictures, no details?
EJO

Jdawley

Postby Jdawley » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 pm

I will take more pictures of the hull when I get back up to Priest Lake, I promise.

Ultimately, the repair was performed as I did state in my post. They just peeled back until the plastic was no longer visible. It was then repaired by a local company and they did an outstanding job

I did not take pictures because ultimately it would look like a brand new hull. I will take more pictures just to complete the loop.

I appreciate everybody’s advice

Josh