Now Available - Testing the Waters: Electrical Junction Box Group Buy

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
dtmackey

Now Available - Testing the Waters: Electrical Junction Box Group Buy

Postby dtmackey » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 pm

In my project 15' thread, there seemed to be interest in the lighting junction box and I was unable to find the supplier when asked. I've been able to locate more and can buy in bulk and also order in stainless screws (it comes with steel), so it will not rust shut. These are gasketed boxes and good quality. These boxes ARE NOT OEM Whaler, but as close as I've been able to find and a close match to the interior color. You would need to drill mounting holes and holes for the wiring.

If there's interest, I'm willing to buy these in bulk and include the stainless cover screws for $23 shipped. This is not a money maker for me and covers my cost in shipping in from 2 suppliers and postage to you.

If you are interested let me know and I'm happy to help out, but I'd need at least 10 people to make this worth my while.

Here's a pic of the box installed on my 15 Whaler.

D-
Last edited by dtmackey on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grizzly

Re: Testing the waters for Whaler Sport Lighting Junction Box

Postby grizzly » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

I would buy two.

jimh

Postby jimh » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

I will buy one.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:21 am

If you will accept check payment sign me up.
Butch

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 pm

OK guys, I'm going to order in 15 boxes and probably keep several for myself for future Whaler projects. The boxes are shipped in from overseas and the fasteners from another supplier are 316 stainless. Once everything arrives, I may be able to trim the price a bit, but need to cover my costs. If I order this week, it looks like they should arrive early Jan and right about the time everyone in the north is thinking about boating, but looking at snow.
I will leave this open to others as I'm ordering in more boxes than people that responded, so feel free to respond to this link.

Additional details:

You can also email me directly at mackeyboat(at)gmail(dot)com Yes, my email address has been altered to prevent webcrawler software from grabbing it and spamming me. The email address was created from the name my wife's nephews called me 20 years ago.

D-

TFrere

Postby TFrere » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:27 am

I would like one too.
1985 15’ Sport with Yamaha F70

sraab928

Re: Testing the Waters: Electrical Junction Box Group Buy

Postby sraab928 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:12 am

Put me down for two please -
Scott
1971 Boston Whaler Outrage 21 - under restoration
1974 Boston Whaler Revenge 21

Wirenut

Postby Wirenut » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:56 am

I would like one please.

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:09 pm

A little update. Stainless screws were ordered and now I'm working with the supplier on the boxes which is taking longer than expected. They are now telling me the color is grey, but the 2 boxes I've received are clearly tan (as in the pics). Once I straighten this out, I'll get them ordered and it will be 30 days from then, so I'm thinking this will be late Jan to mid Feb by the time I have everything ready to ship out.

I'll update as I know more.

D-

TFrere

Postby TFrere » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 pm

I’m almost finished with my restoration and am pretty anxious. I found something that will work for me so you can take my name off the list. Thanks anyway.
1985 15’ Sport with Yamaha F70

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:08 pm

OK gentlemen, I have 14 boxes that should more than cover those showing interest.

In the pic I only have 1 screw installed, the other 3 are inside the box with the gasket.

When you receive the box, determine how you will mount on the hull (portrait or landscape) and install the gasket so that it is on the bottom of the box. The gasket may need to be trimmed or stretched to fully seat in the recessed lip. I found it best to cover the hole in the hull where the wires come through and drill a hole in the back and use silicon on the back to make a watertight seal on the hull. For the wires going to the sternlight, I also drilled a hole in the bottom of the box so the wires exit and go to the stern light. Using a blob of silicon will seal around the wires and also offer strain relief to your install.

Email me at mackeyboat (at) gmail (dot) com and I can provide a Venmo or Paypal address for payment and then I can get these shipped out to you. If paying by check, email me and I can provide the mailing address. Shipments are to the lower 48 states and will be USPS with tracking.

D-

ShorLine

Re: Now Available - Testing the Waters: Electrical Junction Box Group Buy

Postby ShorLine » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 am

If you have any of these still available, I would like 2.
Thanks!

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45 pm

ShorLine wrote:If you have any of these still available, I would like 2.
Thanks!

In the posting, I asked for people to email me since I don't check this thread often.

Yes, I have a couple extra. Email me at mackeyboat (at) gmail (dot) com and I can provide a Venmo or Paypal address for payment and then I can get these shipped out to you. Shipments are to the lower 48 states and will be USPS with tracking.

D-

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:40 am

Dave - I received my box yesterday. That was very quick. The box is very nice and I like the quality. Thank you for the four boat reviews included in the packing. My preference is the Fountain 32 Cat. Now that would make another great Group Buy.
Butch

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Jefecinco wrote:Dave - I received my box yesterday. That was very quick. The box is very nice and I like the quality. Thank you for the four boat reviews included in the packing. My preference is the Fountain 32 Cat. Now that would make another great Group Buy.

Haha, we don't get the newspaper anymore and when I was looking for something to crumple up as packing material, I grabbed an older boat magazine and ripped out random pages.

Glad to hear you are happy with the junction box.

D-