WTB: 40 to 50-HP Short shaft in New England

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
NewEnglandWhaler

WTB: 40 to 50-HP Short shaft in New England

Postby NewEnglandWhaler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 am

Hello. I [want to buy] a 40 to 50-HP short shaft (15") outboard to put on my classic 13 footer. Preferably something new enough to not have points ignition. My first choice would be a Mercury or Yamaha but I'm open to other brands. I am located in Massachusetts but am willing to travel anywhere in New England and bordering states. I would also consider having an outboard [put on a pallet] and shipped--if it is the right price. If you have one available, please contact me through private message and I can give you my phone number or email. I prefer not to post them on here.

Thanks
Last edited by NewEnglandWhaler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jimh

Re: WTB: 40 to 50-HP Short shaft in New England

Postby jimh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Please indicate the means for contacting you. This is a REQUIRED ELEMENT in any post to MARKETPLACE.

Maverick

Postby Maverick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi there, NE Whaler. You didn't indicate what year motor, but I'll throw this out - I have a 1968 Mercury 50 HP Thunderbolt that came off a 15 hull. I haven't heard it run, and was told it had last run in 2009. In other words, it's been sitting a number of years, and I suspect will need a going through like carb cleanout, etc. I have controls but they aren't in the best of condition. I'd take $350 or best offer. I'm in South Carolina. Feel free to shoot me an email if interested.

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm

I have a friend who purchased a low hour freshwater 13' Whaler with a 40 Mercury and is repowering to an E-TEC. The Mercury is in great condition, oil injected, and is stored indoors winterized. I will be helping him de-rig the boat and place the motor on a stand so it can be demonstrated.

His reason for re-powering - he prefers Evinrudes since that's what he has on his bigger boat. The motor is located in Beverly MA, let me know how to get a hold of you if you are interested, or email me at mackeyboat (at) gmail (dot) com

2002 Merc 40ELPTO
Freshwater motor - he just purchased from someone at his lakehouse
Electric start
20' Shaft
New Merc prop
Teleflex extreme cable (operate super smooth)
Come with harness, cables, fuel tank, tach
Motor recently serviced - fuel pump, filter, carb rebuild with OEM Merc parts

D-

dtmackey

Postby dtmackey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 pm

2002 Mercury 40hp motor that came on a boat purchased from a lake, not a spec of corrosion anywhere. The motor is currently winterized and stored indoors on a 13 Whaler, but is being re-rigged to make room for a new Etec. The only reason for selling is my friend is an Etec person and purchased this boat with the intention of repowering and wanted an Etec so he can use the same dealer as his bigger boat - also Etec powered. In the next couple weeks, the Merc will be moved to a stand and available for demonstration.

40 ELPTO
2 stroke oil injected
Electric start
20" shaft
New Merc prop
Controls included
Gas tank and fuel line included
Merc tach included
New extreme Teleflex cable (super smooth)
Recent fuel pump and carb service (with Merc OEM parts)
Asking $2,800

I can arrange for shipping, motor is located in Beverly MA.

I can be contacted at mackeyboat (at) gmail (dot) com

D-

NewEnglandWhaler

Postby NewEnglandWhaler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Original post has been updated.

Maverick, I appreciate the offer for a classic outboard but I would prefer something a little newer.

dtmackey, that's a nice looking motor but I am in need of a short shaft (15"). Thanks for the offer!