FS: 1997 17 Montauk w/2016 Suz 90

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
SAMORL

FS: 1997 17 Montauk w/2016 Suz 90

Postby SAMORL » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:33 pm

For sale is my 1997 Boston Whaler Montauk 17 with a 2016 Suzuki 90 Four Stroke. The engine has less than 20 hours. I purchased the boat in September of last year from the gentleman who bought it new in 1997; he briefly sold the boat to another friend of mine in the mid-2000's before buying it back so technically I am the 3rd owner. The original/previous owner suffered a back injury that precluded him from using the boat and a mutual friend put us together. I am a registered boat dealer in Florida although I am not active, in fact this is the first boat ever registered to my sales company (I mostly do airplanes), but nevertheless my intent was to keep this boat for some time. Unfortunately it has proven a bit small for my family of 4 and just because I ADORE the lines and the history of these boats is not reason enough for me to keep it. She needs to be enjoyed more often than I will be able to do so.

The engine was installed 2/16 by Boat Wrench here in the Orlando area with a 20 hour service done 6/16 at around 10 hours. The boat was used only minimally in the intervening two years before my purchase 8/18. I have put around 3 hours on the boat and it runs extremely well. The time to plane is minimal and top speed is around 39 right on the rev limiter per the GPS. Speaking of the boat has a 2016 Lowrance HOOK-5 CHIRP DSI Fishfinder/Chartplotter w/transducer and built in GPS that works very well. I also installed a new Interstate battery at my purchase 8/18.

Seating is the reversible bench behind the console and the Igloo cooler (with mounting) in front of the console. All cushions are in excellent condition.

The boat sits on a ShoreLand'r aluminum trailer built for the boat, loads and unloads beautifully. I purchased and installed new radial tires in February of 2019 due to dry rot on the old ones; tires have less than 5 miles. I am a stickler for trailer maintenance and this one appears totally ready to go.

This has been a Central Florida boat from new and only used a handful of times in the salt, though this engine has never seen salt. It has mostly been kept on the trailer in a marina in Sanford, FL on the St. John's river and on a covered boat lift on the Winter Park Chain of Lakes here in the Orlando area. The marina stored the boat under cover, plus the canvas cover was on the boat, so it was well protected. The only real cosmetic flaws are the BW decals (emerald green on this boat), which are scratched and "chipped" from use, the registration numbers are poorly applied and unsightly, and the plastic windshield is crazed. I was planning to fix all three but will instead punt them to the next owner.

The boat includes a first aid kit, life preservers, a Type IV throwable cushion, fold up paddle, fire extinguisher, small tool kit, bumpers and lines, and a two piece storage cover (separate cover for the engine). This is truly a turn key and ready to use package.

Unfortunately the forum would not accept links to individual photos in my Dropbox account to display embedded in the ad.
[NOTA BENE: the forum has a limit on image size to a maximum of 900 x 900 so that display of images does not disrupt the display of text. Images of 2048-pixel width will not be permitted--jimh]

Please try clicking on the following links for a small sample of photos
:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ourxvbljvxnq09/IMG_1729.JPEG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86tzlj7055dwjtg/IMG_1728.JPEG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj3hew4ft6ew1qw/IMG_1714.JPEG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxmpxsubfsvi311/IMG_1711.JPEG?dl=0

Feel free to email me and I will gladly send you a link to my full Dropbox file with photos and receipts for recent work.

My price is $16,900 where-is near downtown Orlando, FL. Please feel free to contact me, Sandy Showalter, by email at sandy@showalter.com or phone at 407-326-6062.

Flyboy7200

Re: FS: 1997 17 Montauk w/2016 Suz 90

Postby Flyboy7200 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Does the boat have a bimini top?
Is the battery in the console?
Thank you.

SAMORL

Re: FS: 1997 17 Montauk w/2016 Suz 90

Postby SAMORL » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 pm

The boat does not have a Bimini top.
The battery is in the console.

Thank you for the questions.