Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: The Whaler GAM or General Area
  old transducer holes

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   old transducer holes
whaler al posted 01-18-2001 06:40 PM ET (US)   Profile for whaler al   Send Email to whaler al  
looking to mount a new transducer soon any input on the best way to fill old holes.
I have a Montauk....


sr posted 01-18-2001 07:39 PM ET (US)     Profile for sr  Send Email to sr     
I plan to get a 1/2" thick piece of that white teflon like material about 2x3" and bolt it to the existing holes in my hull. The new transducer (and any after now) will be screwed into the block rather than further swissccheesing the hull.
Just my plan.
triblet posted 01-19-2001 12:56 AM ET (US)     Profile for triblet  Send Email to triblet     
The "white teflon like material" is called
Starboard (most places) or Seaboard (TAP

To plug the holes, squirt some 3M 101 in
and put some screws in.


whaler283 posted 01-19-2001 01:53 PM ET (US)     Profile for whaler283  Send Email to whaler283     
I used the block on my boat and it works great!

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.