Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: The Whaler GAM or General Area
  Exactly what papers did I need to carry on board?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Exactly what papers did I need to carry on board?
jojoscoot posted 06-28-2002 01:17 PM ET (US)   Profile for jojoscoot   Send Email to jojoscoot  
Hey guys. I was was wondering exactly what papers I need to have on board my montuak if I at stopped for inspection? I live in Mass, not sure that really makes a difference though. Thanks.
JFM posted 06-28-2002 02:30 PM ET (US)     Profile for JFM  Send Email to JFM     
I carry copies of titles, both boat and motor and boat registration. Regards, Jay
Jay A posted 06-28-2002 02:51 PM ET (US)     Profile for Jay A    
Toilet paper !!! Ya-neva-know !!!
seriously, Here in Ma. all you need is your boat registration and they might ask for your I.D., your Mass drivers license should do.
jojoscoot posted 06-28-2002 05:48 PM ET (US)     Profile for jojoscoot  Send Email to jojoscoot     
thanks guys.
David Ratusnik posted 06-28-2002 05:55 PM ET (US)     Profile for David Ratusnik  Send Email to David Ratusnik     
FLA= Boat registration and drivers License. If you have been boarded before and passed inspection, e.g., with the Coast Gaurd, then keep the paperwork. I have waved it at them when they anticiipate boarding my boat and they will generally back off, if you indicate the inspection was within the last 6 months. When I see them coming I grab the paper out of the leaning post, grab the VHF and start talking to them. Has saved alot of time over the last several years. Works for me. David
CaptCornchowder posted 06-28-2002 08:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for CaptCornchowder  Send Email to CaptCornchowder     
Boat Reg. Drivers Licsense and greenbacks in case they don't take AMEX at the gas dock.
Tom W Clark posted 06-30-2002 03:01 AM ET (US)     Profile for Tom W Clark  Send Email to Tom W Clark     
In Washington State the one and only paper you are obliged to have on board is the state vessel registration certificate.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.