Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Marketplace
  Need Oar Locks

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Need Oar Locks
Spokane13 posted 04-17-2008 12:19 AM ET (US)   Profile for Spokane13   Send Email to Spokane13  
Would anyone know where I can locate a replacement oar lock for my 1962 13 footer? I believe they are brass.
frontier posted 04-19-2008 12:56 AM ET (US)     Profile for frontier  Send Email to frontier     
Perko still made them a few years ago. In both 2" and 2 1/4" horn ID. Perko number is 829 DP0 PLB and 829 DP1 PLB. They are 1/2" shank size. Oarlock socket number is 831 DP PLB. You may need to cut off the end (it has a hole in it for other applications). If you can't find them locally, try Fisheries Supply in Seattle (1-800-426-6930). Double check your oarlock socket hole size, I think they are 1/2". Perko calls them 'Rowlock Horns' and 'Rowlock Sockets'.
Don88outrage posted 04-19-2008 09:46 AM ET (US)     Profile for Don88outrage  Send Email to Don88outrage     
In my search for a fuel fill cap for a 88, 18' Outrage saw these on the Wilcox Crittenden, now Thetford Corp., site. I'd have to guess they were the Whaler oar lock OEM in 1962.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.