Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  seacock replacements

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   seacock replacements
sospira posted 03-26-2001 03:52 PM ET (US)   Profile for sospira   Send Email to sospira  
I have a 1986 BW 27FC and need to replace the seacocks. So far they are not easy to dismount so I would appreciate any instructions. They are 1 1/4" and according to a yard guy are s/w unusual so in addition, what replacement types would be suitable??
revenge22 posted 03-27-2001 10:06 PM ET (US)     Profile for revenge22  Send Email to revenge22     
Just had mine replaced. The shop used a brass drain pipe from a local hardware store.
bigz posted 03-28-2001 10:26 AM ET (US)     Profile for bigz    

All the seacocks on the 27 are the bronze ball type --- Groco, Canbradco, and Appollo all have 1-1/4" seacock valves available.

Question, are the valves actually the flanged seacock type mounted to the hull with 3 screws or are they just ball valves attached to the through hull strainer/discharge pipe???


sospira posted 04-05-2001 10:00 PM ET (US)     Profile for sospira  Send Email to sospira     
They are marked SPARTAN on the open/close lever, bolting with flange to the hull topside and have a threaded sleeve fitting thru the hull. Hope this helps because I need to replace them and need to know if there are alternatives. Thanks

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.