Moderated Discussion Areas
ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
Outrage Gas Tank
|Author||Topic: Outrage Gas Tank|
posted 04-10-2001 05:44 PM ET (US)
Have any of you old Outrage owners replaced an internal( 65 gallon belly tank) gas tank?
Sure could use some advise- Thanks-
posted 04-10-2001 08:54 PM ET (US)
1. Remove floor
2. Remove all hoses and wiring to fuel tank
3. Siphon all gasoline from tank
4. Tape all fittings closed
5. Remove aluminum hold downs from over top of tank.
6. Using a hand saw, cut all foam from around tank-be careful not to cut tank or fiberglass. A small garden shovel and wood chisel help in getting the foam pieces out.
7. Remove tank-if there is foam under the tank, you will need to pry the tank up to break the adhesion between the foam and the bottom of the tank.
8. When reinstalling the new tank, use a 2-part marine foam.
9. The tank height may have to be set by placing foam blocks under the new tank.
posted 04-11-2001 01:26 PM ET (US)
Jim- thanks very much for the info....DSM
posted 04-12-2001 05:47 AM ET (US)
Hi, Dave -
I have some photos and a drawing of what it looks like under the floor of my 85 18.6 Outrage. I took these/made the detailed [computer] drawing (dimensions, etcm especially for drilling) when I pulled up the floor on my boat and replaced everything [except the tank]. Also, I think my tank is a 63 gallon, not a 65. If you'd like a copy of these photos or drawing, give me an email and I'll send directly to you [Free, of course!]. That invitation goes for any other Outrage 18.6 Owners out there that would like to see "what's under the hood". Best, Mav
posted 04-12-2001 02:15 PM ET (US)
Chuck - That's a nice and generous offer. Is this something you could send to JimH for inclusion on the 18 Outrage reference section? It would be a great addition, and useful to many, even with other than 18' Outrages.
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.