Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Thru hull transducer on Outrage

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Thru hull transducer on Outrage
jim bob posted 07-26-2001 09:41 PM ET (US)   Profile for jim bob   Send Email to jim bob  
I have a 1995 21' Outrage and am considering installing a thru-hull transducer. Reading from page 22-1 of my 1995 Whaler owner's manual:
" Most transducers will act as a small trim tab affecting hull trim. Transducers should be mounted on the port side, or on center to provide lift or have a neutral effect on trim. On the 21' and 24' Outrage models, the transducer can be transom mounted or thru-hull mounted on either side of the aft sump. (Access to this area is through the Pi-Hi covers.) This area is solid for thru-hull transducer installation.

After reading this, I'm still not sure exactly where I'm supposed to mount the transducer. There are three covers in the motor well section. A large rectangular one in the middle which accesses the bilge pumps, etc. and two smaller circular hatches to either side of the large rectangular one. Through which hatch should I work to install the thru hull transducer? Thanks for your input. JB

Kim posted 07-28-2001 05:46 PM ET (US)     Profile for Kim  Send Email to Kim     
I have a thru hull in my montauk17. a furuno 582L/with a cams BR7 transducer. it dose not efect the steering!take your time when slecting the spot. dont drill all the way thru the hull as this hole should be biger then the size of the trasducer. then build thru hole up to the top with mating & west system. then drill the tranducer hole. this will give the transducer a solid surface. ( mine goes thru a cored hull ) hope this helps. you can e/m me if this is what you want to do .
Wasabi posted 08-08-2001 04:18 PM ET (US)     Profile for Wasabi  Send Email to Wasabi     
I'm curious as well...anyone have an answer for Jim Bob?
LarrySherman posted 08-08-2001 05:45 PM ET (US)     Profile for LarrySherman  Send Email to LarrySherman     
the manual lhg copied for me for my 25 says the same thing, and in the well under the console, there are two drain tubes. The desck plate over the forward tupe is cut out to accomodate something.

However, I pulled the drain tube, and this is not solid glass, but foam. so is the aft one. Got me?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.