Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  drain tube

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   drain tube
joem posted 02-05-2002 07:44 AM ET (US)   Profile for joem   Send Email to joem  
I am asking if anybody has replaced the brass 12 inch drain tube with PVC if so were did you get it. The local whaler Dealer and the local boat parts stores don't carry it, only the small 3 inch pvc tubes.


where2 posted 02-05-2002 12:10 PM ET (US)     Profile for where2  Send Email to where2     
Combination of PVC and regular snap together fittings from the local West Marine. Bought two of the snap together drain tubes. Had a chunk of PVC lying around. Mated parts together with "glue on the inside heat shrink tubing". If you use the BW plastic replacement, this is essentially what you get. You'll have to oversize the holes in the hull to fit the larger (regular sized drain plug) plastic fittings through the hull.
Yes, it can be done. If you ever see one at the whaler dealer, their PVC replacement looks nearly home-made. They get $24 for theirs, which they can order, if you bug them enough about it.
stinkyB posted 02-05-2002 02:00 PM ET (US)     Profile for stinkyB  Send Email to stinkyB     

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.