Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  keel rollers

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   keel rollers
simonmeridew posted 02-10-2002 08:15 PM ET (US)   Profile for simonmeridew   Send Email to simonmeridew  
I've decided that I need to change the keel rollers on my trailer from the black rubber to the hard yellow ones. A couple of questions:
The galvanized brackets are 8 inches wide; is that the size roller I need? The Champion catalog also lists "end caps" as a separate idem. Do they protect the gelcoat of the boat from hitting the side of the galvanized bracket if the boat starts in off center--like when you're trying to load with a heavy crosswind? My black rubber rollers have the end caps and I guess I never looked very closely at the whole assembly. Anyway, are the end caps a good idea? I guess I need an extra length ss pin if I get end caps.
lhg posted 02-11-2002 03:56 PM ET (US)     Profile for lhg    
Rather than go with the end caps, where the bracket can still scratch a mis-aligned hull, convert to the larger 12" rollers, even for a Montauk. You won't be sorry. The 12' roller on the stern is essential.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.