Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Tops for rodholders in RPS?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Tops for rodholders in RPS?
specktrout posted 05-03-2002 12:07 AM ET (US)   Profile for specktrout   Send Email to specktrout  
I have just refinished the RPS on my '89 montauk. I would like to find out if anyone out there knows where to get replacements for the white plastic/rubber cap that goes over the tops of the SS rodholders in the seat. Mine are so dirty that they just won't come clean. Thanks-
dfmcintyre posted 05-03-2002 05:35 AM ET (US)     Profile for dfmcintyre  Send Email to dfmcintyre     
I bit the bullet, and went with the black ones from West.


Pops posted 05-03-2002 07:40 AM ET (US)     Profile for Pops  Send Email to Pops     
I found the rubber cap/tops at Boaters World.
Wild Turkey posted 05-03-2002 08:24 AM ET (US)     Profile for Wild Turkey  Send Email to Wild Turkey     
Spec... The same thing happened to me. I could not get the original white ones clean. I ended up buying the black ones from Boaters World too.


Arch Autenreith posted 05-03-2002 08:56 AM ET (US)     Profile for Arch Autenreith  Send Email to Arch Autenreith     
West Marine. $7 each. Black. Catalog no. 483-DP1-99A. An exact fit.
specktrout posted 05-03-2002 11:43 AM ET (US)     Profile for specktrout  Send Email to specktrout     
Looks like I'm heading to Boater's world. Thanks for all the replies.
daverdla posted 05-03-2002 12:46 PM ET (US)     Profile for daverdla  Send Email to daverdla     
I also got two at boaters world last year.
Pops posted 05-03-2002 07:50 PM ET (US)     Profile for Pops  Send Email to Pops     
I found the white ones at boaters world, you don't have to get the black ones.
roger8918 posted 05-19-2002 10:00 PM ET (US)     Profile for roger8918  Send Email to roger8918     
Hey Guys, I just found something that makes the rubber on the rod holders look like new. ďAcetoneĒ I donít know if I did any damage to rubber but they look great and would have been replaced anyway if I didnít get them clean.
ffk posted 05-19-2002 11:10 PM ET (US)     Profile for ffk  Send Email to ffk     
I have been looking for those inserts for my '72 Outrage. My local Boaters World doesn't seem to want to get them in. Is there a different # for the white? What is the mgf. name?
Really appreciate any addl help.

regards, Frank

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.