Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Re-chrome '69 Morse Throttle Control; Seeking Advice

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Re-chrome '69 Morse Throttle Control; Seeking Advice
gansett posted 06-04-2002 04:58 PM ET (US)   Profile for gansett   Send Email to gansett  
Has anyone re-chromed your old Morse throttle control? Is there some way I can preserve the two stickers on the control when I re-chrome?
Chesapeake posted 06-04-2002 05:06 PM ET (US)     Profile for Chesapeake  Send Email to Chesapeake     

Morse still makes that throttle and I would guess that you may be able to get new stickers directly from them. It might be worth inquiring as to whether or not they would sell you just the body. Could it be less expensive than rechroming. The places I have sought out in Chicago tend to be pretty expensive in that regard. Just a thought. Good luck.


jstachowiak posted 06-10-2002 09:29 AM ET (US)     Profile for jstachowiak  Send Email to jstachowiak     
I'm struggling with that right now. I want to keep the Morse control on my '79 Newport for several reasons, the most pressing is that the handle is on the right side of box and a new control handle would be on the left hand side and would hit steering wheel. The Morse MT-3 controls sold now handles are on left side. Cost here in Florida to rechrome is upwards of $250. The base metal is pot metal and requires some work to rechrome. I've e-mailed teleflex and have not gotten any response. I guess I'll call next to see if they sell just the box. I know you can buy the handles alone about $60. Check out


jstachowiak posted 06-10-2002 10:40 AM ET (US)     Profile for jstachowiak  Send Email to jstachowiak     
Ok, just talked to Teleflex and they gave me a phone number to Charment 800-247-6324 ( and they have parts for these controls, but the best news is the new Morse MT-3 can be mounted either way, with the handle on the right or left and the Forward/Reverse decal comes in the box and you put it on depending on how you install the control. sells the MT-3 for $219.95 the cheapest I've seen anywhere. Probably cheaper than rechroming.
Bigshot posted 06-10-2002 11:43 AM ET (US)     Profile for Bigshot  Send Email to Bigshot     
I think you can buy the cover. They've been making that control since Moses parted the red sea i believe.
jstachowiak posted 06-10-2002 12:00 PM ET (US)     Profile for jstachowiak  Send Email to jstachowiak     
Teleflex doesn't sell the cover and neither does Charment. If anyone knows where to get the covers let us know.
sargerator posted 06-10-2002 04:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for sargerator  Send Email to sargerator     
I have a '79 Montauk, Morse control pitted. Would like to redo but center pivot arm inside control body looks rivited to body ? Any answers ?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.