Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
   20'outrage tank

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   20'outrage tank
youngil posted 09-23-2002 12:15 PM ET (US)   Profile for youngil   Send Email to youngil  
I have water in my 1979 20ft 63 gall tank. I am going to start by replacing the fuel filler line and overflow line that enters the tank from the port side of the boat. Do I have to remove the entire floor panel which covers the tank or can I just raise the floor sufficient to gain access to the point where these lines join the tank so that I can do this work?
mag posted 09-23-2002 10:27 PM ET (US)     Profile for mag  Send Email to mag     
I have the same boat (1979 20' outrage). I replaced the fill hoses on mine by only removing the cover panels located on the side of the boat (below the fill cap) and a floor access hole located near the front of the center console. I didn't need to take the floor up at all. Hope that helps. --mag
youngil posted 09-23-2002 11:14 PM ET (US)     Profile for youngil  Send Email to youngil     
This sounds too good! I couldn't see or locate the hose clamps for the two hoses are they there and accessable?? gil
mag posted 09-24-2002 11:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for mag  Send Email to mag     
I remember that, on my boat, getting the old hoses out wasn't real easy, but easier than taking up the floor I think. I ended up cutting out one section of tubing (may have been aluminum tubing) that was hard to get out. Also had to unbolt the center console to get at the access hole located under the front edge of it. Good luck. -mag

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.