Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  "O" Rings

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   "O" Rings
goodad posted 04-02-2003 12:06 PM ET (US)   Profile for goodad   Send Email to goodad  
Two Questions for 85 Outrage..!. How do I go about purchasing and replacing "O" Rings for the access covers...2. The rubber gasket under the plate where the fuel line enters the gas tank is bulging and I have a smell of gas..I would assume I need to replace this also...Looks like a four inch diameter rubber gasket..Could find nothing on the search engine...Thanks...Bill
rsgwynn1 posted 04-04-2003 12:48 AM ET (US)     Profile for rsgwynn1  Send Email to rsgwynn1     
Have you tried Form-a-gasket, available at most auto parts stores?
BabySitter posted 04-04-2003 08:21 AM ET (US)     Profile for BabySitter  Send Email to BabySitter     
Beckson makes aftermarket access plates similar to if not same as the Outrage ones. Check with West Marine ... they can probably get the replacement O rings.


goodad posted 04-04-2003 12:01 PM ET (US)     Profile for goodad  Send Email to goodad     
Thanks for the reply..I contacted Boston Whaler and they said basically the same thing..Beckson..My mechanic is hesitant on making a gasket due to liability..Does anyone know the fuel tank manufacturer so as to contact them?
where2 posted 04-04-2003 12:58 PM ET (US)     Profile for where2  Send Email to where2     
Fuel Tank Manufacturer is Florida Marine Tanks, most likely... Stuff the name in yahoo, and you'll get everything you need to know about them, including the phone#.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.