Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Through-deck mooring hawsepipe

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Through-deck mooring hawsepipe
Mowgli posted 11-10-2003 05:38 PM ET (US)   Profile for Mowgli   Send Email to Mowgli  
I'm not sure if I have the right description, but I want to install a through-deck hawse pipe fitting so I can lead my mooring lines through to a below deck cleat.
West Marine don't have anything in their catalogue,
although the closest thing I can find is a through-deck rod holder.
I cannot find any reference in "Search".
My question is, where can I buy such a thing?
Or is the closest I will get be a rod holder?
kglinz posted 11-10-2003 05:46 PM ET (US)     Profile for kglinz  Send Email to kglinz     
I won't paste the entire URL but you can type Hawse Pipe into the search box.....
Tom W Clark posted 11-10-2003 05:52 PM ET (US)     Profile for Tom W Clark  Send Email to Tom W Clark     

Hawse hole or hawse pipe are the correct terms. There are lots of different versions of these and any good chandlery should have them even if West Marine doesn't.

I have a pair of brand new Whaler OEM hawse pipes made by Wilcox-Crittenden that should match the pair you should have on your Revenge 25 Walk Through.

They look like these:

Let me know if you'd like to buy them.

whalersman posted 11-10-2003 06:42 PM ET (US)     Profile for whalersman  Send Email to whalersman     

If Mowgli doesn't take them, let me know as I am interested...


lhg posted 11-10-2003 09:36 PM ET (US)     Profile for lhg    
Tom, these were not standard equipment on a WD model. Instead they mounted the cleats on the top of the stern deck.
whalersman posted 11-10-2003 09:47 PM ET (US)     Profile for whalersman  Send Email to whalersman     

I missed that in his profile and you have a good eye.... and of course you are correct.....


alkar posted 11-10-2003 10:58 PM ET (US)     Profile for alkar  Send Email to alkar     
Larry, my 22' Whaler Drive came with them.
Mowgli posted 11-11-2003 05:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for Mowgli  Send Email to Mowgli     
Thank you all for your advice.
I will e-mail you direct, Tom.
Even if they are not standard for the WD, there is no question I need cleats one third forward from the stern to take a spring line. A spring is essential to safely moor at my dock which is very exposed to strong NW winds. A spring from the stern cleat would start too far aft, and chafe against both rails and canvas as it leads forward.
lhg posted 11-11-2003 07:02 PM ET (US)     Profile for lhg    
Actually, Tony, as Alkar points out, I was only partially correct, and made a wrong assumption from my own 25. In looking at my catalog collection, I see that the 22 and 27 WD's did have the hause pipes. None of the 25's had them, however, not even the notched transom models.
Tom W Clark posted 11-14-2003 12:51 AM ET (US)     Profile for Tom W Clark  Send Email to Tom W Clark     
Well, the Wilcox-Crittenden hawse holes I had are on their way to Canada.

Joe, did you see this thread?

Apparently you can just order directly from Wilcox-Crittenden. Their phone number is 401-846-1125.

whalersman posted 11-14-2003 12:59 AM ET (US)     Profile for whalersman  Send Email to whalersman     

I have seen that you can order them from Wilcox.... I just thought I would buy them from you if you were selling...

I'm glad you sold them...
I will order a pair from Wilcox when mine get a litlle worse...


Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.