Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Rusted oil tank mount

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Rusted oil tank mount
Ed Stone posted 01-21-2004 09:20 PM ET (US)   Profile for Ed Stone   Send Email to Ed Stone  

I brought this up from the bottom of another thread.
BW23 said he changed the painted steel brackets to
HEYCO mounts with ss screws.What are Heyco mounts?
I Also have those painted or plastic coated steel
brackets holding the oil tanks on my 23 Outrage.
Ed Stone
BW23 posted 01-22-2004 02:12 PM ET (US)     Profile for BW23  Send Email to BW23


Heyco is a mfg. of what I call "P" clamps for cable mounting.

There are many mfg's, some stronger than others. We had the correct diameter here at work so that was convenient.

I'll try to get the part number for you.


lhg posted 01-22-2004 02:14 PM ET (US)     Profile for lhg    
Ed - those are basically found in the wiring secton of the store, used to secure wires through the loop part of the plastic "P" clip. The screw goes through the "leg" of the P, which opens up. I know you've seen these, and a whole package is about 2 bucks. Get the size for a wire that is the same diameter as the oil tank holder, about 1/4 or 3/8".

I think I used about 6 clips for each tank. You can get them in black or white, and fasten them down with a pan head SS screw. I did this about 8 years ago, and no problems since.

BW23 posted 01-22-2004 02:20 PM ET (US)     Profile for BW23  Send Email to BW23     
I believe the dia. I used was 3/16" = .187


Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.