Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Bimini Top - Type of Screw for the Top Slide

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Bimini Top - Type of Screw for the Top Slide
Buoy posted 02-13-2011 08:52 AM ET (US)   Profile for Buoy   Send Email to Buoy  
Hi folks. I have a 1989 22 Outrage with the original bimini top. The top has Top Slides which allows you to raise or lower the frame's support bars. Each Top Slide has a screw which you must first loosen to slide the Top Slide up and down.

These screws do not seem to be Allen screws. Any idea what type of screws these are and what tool is needed to loosen/tighten?

Buoy posted 02-13-2011 11:53 AM ET (US)     Profile for Buoy  Send Email to Buoy     
I think they're called set screws. Anyone know what type of head is on these screws?
contender posted 02-13-2011 03:34 PM ET (US)     Profile for contender  Send Email to contender     
Set screw is what the screw does, not the type. However, usually set screws are allen screws, I have seen straight blade ones and some torx, I would imagine there are also square heads. Depending your top and were it was made the set screws could be allen heads but they also could be in metric.... I would also use some penetrating oil on the screws the elements or the salt may have expanded the threads and making it hard to get apart....good luck, ps if the screw is exposed they are called thumb screws..

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.