Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Performance
  What Tachometer?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   What Tachometer?
Jiles posted 08-30-2002 09:32 PM ET (US)   Profile for Jiles  
I need a tachometer for my 1986 Johnson 40. Where is the best place to buy a tachometer for this application and what do I need to buy to hook it up? I have a Johnson motor control with a three prong connector labled TACH.---THANKS---
whalersman posted 08-31-2002 02:35 PM ET (US)     Profile for whalersman  Send Email to whalersman     
eBay is a great place to look for a Tach. I would purchase an OMC Tach for your engine (not the Tach with the new System Check).

You may also need to buy a Tach Harness to plug into your existing 3 prong connector depending on which model Tach you purchase.

You should also be able to pick up a new Tach at your local OMC Dealer. About $120.00 (yikes)

Dr T posted 08-31-2002 04:18 PM ET (US)     Profile for Dr T  Send Email to Dr T     
If you need any help finding the right one, I would suggest going to the Cabela's website at I picked up a Tach there for my 1982 Johnson 35. Check to see if your remote has a place for a wiring harness to plug in. If so, get the adapter and the hookup is a no-brainer.


Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.