Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Small Boat Electrical
  Split Flex Tubing

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Split Flex Tubing
jimmy c posted 01-25-2006 09:40 AM ET (US)   Profile for jimmy c   Send Email to jimmy c  
Where can split flex tubing 1-1/2 and 2-inch (used for covering electricals and hose to outboard motor be purchased? Local dealers do not carry it because boats now come pre-rigged. Thanks
Plotman posted 01-25-2006 09:58 AM ET (US)     Profile for Plotman  Send Email to Plotman     
Mine came from Armstrong (the bracket people).


Buckda posted 01-25-2006 10:29 AM ET (US)     Profile for Buckda  Send Email to Buckda     
Check your local West Marine.

Some have it, some don't; but they can order it for you. This is likely the most expensive route.

If you have a marine warehouse in the area, that is where you'll find it at the best prices.

Good luck.


jmorgan40 posted 01-25-2006 11:00 AM ET (US)     Profile for jmorgan40  Send Email to jmorgan40     
I bought a ton of it in assorted sizes from this guy on ebay. He has it up to 2" I believe. Here is a link to his auctions. Fair prices and he shipped fast.
where2 posted 01-25-2006 08:29 PM ET (US)     Profile for where2  Send Email to where2     
Alternatively: subcat1=Hoses%20/%20Tubing&subcat2=na 5' rigging tubes, along with the termination for both ends available on that page.

I have not dealt with his web store, I've always visited the actual physical storefront in Stuart, FL.

andygere posted 01-25-2006 11:11 PM ET (US)     Profile for andygere  Send Email to andygere     
These guys are the supplier:

Cabela's sells at least some of these products.

Martman posted 01-27-2006 11:04 AM ET (US)     Profile for Martman  Send Email to Martman     
You can also use bilge tubing and just cut the the tubing with sissors to make the slit. Not the same but is a cheap alternative.
Mulv80 posted 01-27-2006 02:04 PM ET (US)     Profile for Mulv80  Send Email to Mulv80     
Wet/Dry vaccuum hose works well for the motor wires
newt posted 02-01-2006 01:17 PM ET (US)     Profile for newt  Send Email to newt     
My local hardware store has flexible sump pump discharge hose in 1" and 2" diameter. It also can be cut down the middle to make "split tube"

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.