Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Small Boat Electrical
  Furuno 525ST-PWD vs Furuno 525T-PWD

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Furuno 525ST-PWD vs Furuno 525T-PWD
Captain Trevally posted 07-06-2006 10:47 PM ET (US)   Profile for Captain Trevally   Send Email to Captain Trevally  
What is the difference between a Furuno transducer 525ST-PWD and 525T-PWD?. I know there is a letter S in the first one, but I really don't know what the letter S stands for. I would be appeciated if the difference between the two types of Furuno transducer was explained.

Thank you in advance.

bluewaterpirate posted 07-07-2006 08:24 AM ET (US)     Profile for bluewaterpirate  Send Email to bluewaterpirate     
The 525ST-PWD is manufactured by Airman and is really an Airmar P66 Transducer. The S stands for speed. The P66 can be purchased without the speed paddlewheel so that's why you see the different model numbers. The ST unit comes standard with temperature and removable speed assembly.

You can view all the particulars in reagards to the unit at the Airmar website.


bluewaterpirate posted 07-07-2006 08:29 AM ET (US)     Profile for bluewaterpirate  Send Email to bluewaterpirate     
The 525ST-PWD calls it a Triducer while the 525T-PWD is called a transducer.
Captain Trevally posted 07-10-2006 10:43 AM ET (US)     Profile for Captain Trevally  Send Email to Captain Trevally     
Thank you Tom. I am sorry to disturb you again. When I decide to buy Furuno FV 620, I confuse reagrding what kind of transducer I should choose. There are so many type available for FCV 620. I have a quite tight budget for transducer. I willing to spend as much as $250 for the transducer. Do you have any suggestion whether I should choose the bronze or the plastic one. Which is the better if I will use for long term purposes. There also offer 10 pin, 8 pin and 7 pin transducer. What is the difference between 10 pin, 8 pin as well as 7 pin.

Thanks for your help.

Capt Trevally.

bluewaterpirate posted 07-11-2006 01:04 PM ET (US)     Profile for bluewaterpirate  Send Email to bluewaterpirate     
Capt you can go a couple of ways depending on how you want to do this. Long Term would probably want to look at a bronze thru hull: Mount+Transducer.html

With that said ..... what model Whaler are do you have and is there a place suitable to drill a hole thru the hull.

My 620 is mated to a P66 plastic transom mounted transducer. My set up works very well. Able to hold the bottom in saltwater at 35 mph in 150 - 250' of water. You cab see the differences in prices between the thru hull -vs- the transom mounted transducer. Transducer.html

Here are some pictures of my 620 in action plus the P66 installation on the stern of my Whaler. sitebuilderpictures/620ar3053.jpg sitebuilderpictures/620ar3051.jpg sitebuilderpictures/620ar3054.jpg sitebuilderpictures/tranducer1.jpg

Good Luck. You'll be very happy with your choice it's a great FF.


Captain Trevally posted 07-13-2006 04:19 AM ET (US)     Profile for Captain Trevally  Send Email to Captain Trevally     
Dear Tom.

Thank you for the great pictures. Its very helpful. BTW,I a nomaden fishing maniacs. I have a wooden boat close to the beach where I live. But some time, I fish hundred or thousand kilometers from my place. So I try to put Furuno FCV 620 in a box like singer sewing machine. And I have to design special frame for the tranducer so its become portable,easy to bring it in my car and I can put anywhere in the boat. If I hire a boat with no Fishfinder then, I can use mine to put on that boat.

Again, Thank you for your great pictures.

Capt. Trevally.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.