Moderated Discussion Areas
ContinuousWave: Small Boat Electrical
AWG and Ring Connector Size
|Author||Topic: AWG and Ring Connector Size|
posted 04-17-2007 10:04 AM ET (US)
My rewiring project is underway and I want to make an online order this week for wiring supplies, however I have a few questions.
1. What size wire [is appropriate for use in] wiring guages, switches, and lights, etc.?
2. What size ring connectors fit OMC guages and Blue Sea Systems terminal fuse blocks? #8 or #10?
3. Has anyone had any GOOD/BAD experiences with an outfit called GENUINEDEALZ ?
posted 04-17-2007 10:48 AM ET (US)
1. Wire size will vary based on load and length. 16 gauge will often be fine, but check http://www.westmarine.com/pdf/MarineWire.pdf for specifics.
2. Many Blue Sea blocks are #8 screw size. You can double check your specific block at www.bluesea.com/category/5/21 . I have no idea on OMC gauges.
3. I have purchased from GENUINEDEALZ and been very satisfied. You're mileage may vary-- check their eBay feedback.
posted 04-17-2007 07:28 PM ET (US)
I'd go get a small collection of ring connectors in the
common sizes, and use them as measurement tools before I
started, then go get more of the right size. I keep a big
compartmented plastic box full of various sizes.
posted 04-17-2007 09:58 PM ET (US)
In http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000929.html Jim Hebert writes regarding OMC instruments:
"The terminals on all of the gauges are a No. 8 threaded post."
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.