Forum: WHALER
  ContinuousWave
  Whaler
  Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Trips and Rendezvous
  South Jersey Rendezvous - Corsons Inlet

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   South Jersey Rendezvous - Corsons Inlet
Slippery Eel posted 08-04-2006 02:48 PM ET (US)   Profile for Slippery Eel   Send Email to Slippery Eel  
Devil Dog and I are putting together an impromptu rendezvous on Saturday 9/2/06 in South Jersey. We will meet at Corsons Inlet between Ocean City, NJ and Srathmere, NJ that day. Exact time and location to be determined. All are welcome.

Hutch

devildog posted 08-07-2006 02:31 PM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
Hutch,
High tide at Corson's on Sept. 2 will be a little after 4pm. I think I'll get there between 2 and 3.

Jeff

sraab928 posted 08-07-2006 07:28 PM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
If I am down that weekend I will stop by for a bit. Are you pulling up on the Ocean City side or Strathmere side?
devildog posted 08-08-2006 12:09 AM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
You can walk to the Deauville Beach Bar from the Strathmere Side.
sraab928 posted 08-08-2006 08:18 AM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
Well then the Strathmere side sounds more appealing. Keep me up to date on the details.

I will be bringing my 90HP Outboard Powered converted rage.

Thanks
Scott

devildog posted 08-08-2006 12:04 PM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
Scott,
It will be nice to see you again. I've always wanted to check out your rage conversion. Hope to see you there.

Jeff

sraab928 posted 08-08-2006 09:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
Thanks Jeff. I can't wait to show her off a bit. Hope we get some other Continuous Waver's to show.
Slippery Eel posted 08-09-2006 07:53 AM ET (US)     Profile for Slippery Eel  Send Email to Slippery Eel     
Jeff,

2:00 PM sounds good. That will give me time for some fishing earlier in the day. I'll see ya on the Strathmere side.

Hutch

sraab928 posted 08-12-2006 08:05 AM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
I would have thought we could have found more than 3 boats to go - Have you guys gotten any emails from anyone else?
devildog posted 08-12-2006 11:50 AM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
I was thinking the same thing. I know there are quite a few South Jersey & Delaware Valley Continuous Wavers.
FourWhalers posted 08-14-2006 11:52 AM ET (US)     Profile for FourWhalers  Send Email to FourWhalers     
Greetings, My wifes grandmother owns a house right on the Intercoastal, about a block past Twistys. Im always looking for an excuse to spend time there and this could be it. Although, the boat and especially jet ski traffic might
be insane that weekend! FourWhalers
Slippery Eel posted 08-14-2006 12:38 PM ET (US)     Profile for Slippery Eel  Send Email to Slippery Eel     
I thought we woud have gotten more interest as well. As far as boat and jet ski traffic it is always busy there, oh well.

The last time I was at Corsons there was a huge bar between the breakers and the channel. You can actually cut between the breakers and the bar at different tides. Be careful.

Hutch

jmorgan40 posted 08-31-2006 05:18 AM ET (US)     Profile for jmorgan40  Send Email to jmorgan40     
Is the Corsons Inlet Rendezvous still on?? I was talking with my buddy up in NJ and he was interested in making the ride up from Wildwood for it.
devildog posted 09-01-2006 04:33 PM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
Weather permitting, I'm still hoping to make it. Ernesto doesn't want to cooperate.
bkovak posted 09-01-2006 06:11 PM ET (US)     Profile for bkovak  Send Email to bkovak     
My Montauk is docked in Somers Point. If you guys are still meeting up on Saturday afternoon, I should be able to make it if the rain is out of here. Brian
devildog posted 09-01-2006 06:51 PM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
Maybe there's more interest than we thought. What do you say Hutch? Scott?
sraab928 posted 09-02-2006 08:00 AM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
Well its 8:00 in Ocean City - We have a 35mph sustained wind coming from the north east. If the wind doesn't die down my 15 will stay in the lift. The 9th street bridge is closed as a barge broke free from its mooring in the bay and smashed into the bridge. Also a big sailboat broke free and hit the bridge too. Its really pretty rough down here right now.
devildog posted 09-02-2006 12:54 PM ET (US)     Profile for devildog  Send Email to devildog     
Scott,
Let's regroup after the storm. Maybe Monday or another weekend? I think Hutch is only down til today. Anyone have an idea for a rain check? Soccer season is upon us so Sundays are out for me. Not to mention the Fluffya Iggles.

Jeff

sraab928 posted 09-03-2006 07:47 AM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
The wind died down around 2:00 but it really never got nice down here. We were in sweatshirts and pants for the rest of the day.

9th street bridge has reopened. There was some local flooding and a bunch of wind damage but nothing major. Just not a nice boating weekend so far. Hoping to get out today - They are calling for a high of 70 and calm conditions.

With the kids going back to school and sports starting its going to get tough on the weekends.

I will be down till Monday night - if anyone decides to go please let me know.

Slippery Eel posted 09-05-2006 06:57 AM ET (US)     Profile for Slippery Eel  Send Email to Slippery Eel     
All,

Sorry I was without my computer while on vacation. Saturday was a blow out as you know. The kids were getting cabin fever and needed to get them out on the water so we went tubing on Sunday. Of the 9 days my boat was in the water I was only able to get out about 4 days.

I am still up for meeting up. I expect to be at the shore most weekends now thru November. Let's pick another date.

Hutch

sraab928 posted 09-05-2006 08:01 AM ET (US)     Profile for sraab928  Send Email to sraab928     
Hutch,

We did not get out until Monday. It was a rough and breezy weekend. My kids were bouncing off the walls as well. Hopefully we can pull something together. It will be tough with school and sports etc but if someone picks a date I will try my best. I know this coming weekend is no good for me for sure but that doesnt mean that everyone else can't try to pull it off.

Scott

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:


Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.