Moderated Discussion Areas
ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
Speaker installation on a 95 Outrage 21
|Author||Topic: Speaker installation on a 95 Outrage 21|
posted 08-21-2002 09:25 AM ET (US)
Where shoud I put speakers on my OR 21? I thought about buying 4 Bose and installing them under the gunnel, firing downward. Any other suggestions?~mw
posted 08-21-2002 10:26 AM ET (US)
If you don't aim them downwind at your head, you will not hear them when underway. See http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002565.html
posted 08-30-2002 02:08 PM ET (US)
Have a 95' 24' outrage that has the Standard am/fm cassett mounted in the center console and the speakers (pioneer marine grade I believe) installed in the hull directly across from the CC. I didn't do the installation so I can't comment on the bad points,but on a 40mile run I crank up the tunes and can hear great even with the 2 stroke 225 yamaha blaring away. Listen to "Lets talk hookup" (socal radio) and hear the latest fishing reports on the way to the fishing grounds. It's really great. Looks to be factory installed, but I could be wrong.
posted 08-30-2002 03:28 PM ET (US)
How’s this for an idea? Just buy enough Sony Walkmans for you and your passengers.
Consider the advantages:
- It would probably be less expensive than a decent marine stereo system
- No tearing up your boat to install it (the thought of cutting holes in my boat makes my skin crawl)
- Everyone on board could listen to what ever they want (almost killed my mother in law once; she only listens to Abba)
- You could hear the music while underway (between twin Opti’s whining and the pounding of a beam sea, I can’t hear squat!)
- You wouldn’t annoy the environmentally sensitive folks around you.
- Last but not least you wouldn’t be able to hear your wife’s backseat boat driving (that settles it, I just convinced myself. I’m getting some today!)
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.