Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
  How do I empty waste tank on Conq 23?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   How do I empty waste tank on Conq 23?
mustang7nh posted 05-06-2003 07:14 AM ET (US)   Profile for mustang7nh   Send Email to mustang7nh  
Sorry about all the questions- new boat and I'm excited about learning all I can.

I have a silver toggle switch by the toilet, a valve coming out of the hull which pipes into the mascerator and then goes to the tank. I'm not sure if the mascerator has a switch. What is the proper procedure for emptying and then setting it up for future use. Thanks again.

BillD posted 05-06-2003 09:24 AM ET (US)     Profile for BillD  Send Email to BillD     
Never been on a Conquest before, but basically you should be able to just flip the switch and the macerator will run and discharge overboard.

Please make sure you adhere to all regulations regarding discharge of waste. General rules are that you must be 3 miles offshore at the time of discharge but many local areas have additional requirements.

You can also pump the tank out at one of the pumpout stations near you. Many of these are free in an effort to keep our waters clean.

bsmotril posted 05-06-2003 09:47 AM ET (US)     Profile for bsmotril  Send Email to bsmotril     
Mine is different, as it only has the porta pot with vacu-flush port. I'm not sure when the federal regulations kicked in that required a locking "Y" diverter valve between the overboard discharge and the waste tank. That valve would have to be in the correct position for the discharge to function and you would have to be in Federal waters to do it.
kglinz posted 05-06-2003 10:38 AM ET (US)     Profile for kglinz  Send Email to kglinz     
I've got a 28 Conquest so I'm kind of a plumber.( If you're not rich you learn plumbing ). Most 23s had a Potti Potty with a deck pump out. If you have mascerator you also should have a Y of some kind. One outlet of the Y is connected to a overboard pump (mascerator) then to a seacock and below waterline tru-hull. The other Y outlet goes to the deck fitting for pumpout at a shore pump station. Some boats use a locking Y valve to "lock out" overboard discharge. I have a plain Y and my pump is controlled by a "key switch". This is how your system "could be" and gives you a starting point when tracing it out. People rig some strange systems. Doing it wrong could be illegal, at best or flood your boat, at worst.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.