Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
  21 conquest cabin cushion

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   21 conquest cabin cushion
neihartl posted 05-06-2005 02:09 PM ET (US)   Profile for neihartl   Send Email to neihartl  
I am a new owner of a 1998 21 Conquest and am taking it out for our first overnight. I am trying to figure out the cushion layout in the cabin - more importantly, I'm trying to figure out if the cushions can be composed in a way where the entire cabin is a cushioned berth. Currently, there is an area about 18"x30" that is open right where you enter the cabin, and there are two leftover cushions that wouldn't really fill the open space even if there was support for them (they are the bottom cusions from when the "seating" configuration is setup).

I see that the side "gates" that flip down for seating have notches in them. I have also read that the Revenge had an optional filler for this area. Is this an option that I'm missing? I can manufacture something to fill this in, but wanted to know if there was an existing OEM piece that I would be copying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dauntlass 18 posted 05-06-2005 02:17 PM ET (US)     Profile for dauntlass 18  Send Email to dauntlass 18     
I have a 1999 21 Conquest and I have the open area you write about also.I think the designers made the cushions to allow you a walkway and access to the head.
Treypescatorie posted 05-06-2005 10:32 PM ET (US)     Profile for Treypescatorie  Send Email to Treypescatorie     
I have a 21 conquest. There is a like a table that fits in the middle. It folds in half. I usually keep it behind the cabin seat. It is made out of starboard. To put it in you take out the seat cushions and fold up those two gates and insert the pins.The table has ribs that fit into the gates. Once that is set up you need the filler cushion.
I hope you get the idea. If you want let me know and i'll take a picture for you, but I am not going to my boat any time soon.
Bill D posted 05-08-2005 03:28 PM ET (US)     Profile for Bill D  Send Email to Bill D     
You might be able to order the original plastic (starboard material) filler from Spartech Marine
The part# was/is 1089424.

I do not use mine often and I think there was a filler cushion which I do not have. I use the cabin seat cushions instead.

Hope this helps....

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.