Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

mbking1 posted 07-23-2006 11:20 AM ET (US)   Profile for mbking1   Send Email to mbking1  

I am looking for advise please. Getting a 150 sport which will be rack stored. I need a really good cover. I am considering ordering a Mills cover. Does anyone have any experience with this cover on a 150 sport? Does it require some type of tent polr? What method do they use to secure the cover to the hull?

Any advise will be welcome. Thanks!

HuronBob posted 07-23-2006 05:07 PM ET (US)     Profile for HuronBob    
I would suggest that you call Mills, they are very helpful and would be glad to explain how it works.

If it requires a support, I would speculate that it is made very much like the cover on my 130 sport which has the support poles built into the cover, a neat system that works well. It secures to the hull with small elastic cords (6 inches long, knotted into two grommets to produce a loop) that hook over stainless hooks attached just behind the rub rail (outside hull). Again, that system works well also..

Can't go wrong with a Mills, they do good work from design through production...

Moe posted 07-23-2006 05:18 PM ET (US)     Profile for Moe  Send Email to Moe     
I have the Mills cover on my 150 Sport. The two support poles that go down to the cockpit sole are hinged onto a pole that runs through a pocket in the cover to keep them spaced and to support the cover between them.

You have to install some stainless hooks under the rub rail, and the cover attaches to these as described above.

It's a good quality cover and I'm pleased with it.


HuronBob posted 07-23-2006 05:36 PM ET (US)     Profile for HuronBob    
An additional comment...if you purchase the Mills, when you install the hooks make sure you leave as much space BEHIND the hook as possible. I installed my a bit too close to the hull and it makes getting the loop on and off a bit difficult. Mount the hooks as close to the rub rail as is possible.
mbking1 posted 07-23-2006 07:55 PM ET (US)     Profile for mbking1  Send Email to mbking1     
Thanks Guys...

Hooks go under rubrail? Do you mean they slip in between the rubrail and the hull or some kind of hole is needed. Don't like the sound of that...Mark

Barney posted 07-23-2006 08:08 PM ET (US)     Profile for Barney  Send Email to Barney     
Like this:

mbking1 posted 07-23-2006 08:24 PM ET (US)     Profile for mbking1  Send Email to mbking1     

Thank you so much. I was really worried about ANY HOLES. Any special precautions as to location or has Mills designed it so the clips only go into an area with holding power under the gelcoat? Should silicon go into the holes with the screws?


Barney posted 07-23-2006 08:31 PM ET (US)     Profile for Barney  Send Email to Barney     
In fact water may come out when you drill. This is left over from the manufacture of the hull. I hope. Use a marine sealant, 3M type, non-adhesive. Jim
mbking1 posted 07-24-2006 03:56 PM ET (US)     Profile for mbking1  Send Email to mbking1     
Just got off the phone with Mills. Ordered their mooring cover. %717 plus shipping. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mbking1 posted 07-24-2006 03:57 PM ET (US)     Profile for mbking1  Send Email to mbking1     
$717 plus shipping....

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.