Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
  Eastport 205 galley

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Eastport 205 galley
gorji posted 09-09-2006 01:18 PM ET (US)   Profile for gorji   Send Email to gorji  
Does the galley in the 2005 eastport have any drain plug (s)?
Or will it drain out thru the scuppers?

i purchase a used eastport and cannot find the information her e or thru the manual.

Thank you,

prm1177 posted 09-09-2006 01:27 PM ET (US)     Profile for prm1177  Send Email to prm1177     
The thru-hull parts on the Eastport show two scuppers, one for storage and one for the deck. There is a garboard drain at the keel which is the ultimate drain for the bilge. Like most larger Whalers, it is removable only from the outside of the boat. The Whaler parts list and diagrams for you boat are located here:

prm1177 posted 09-09-2006 01:29 PM ET (US)     Profile for prm1177  Send Email to prm1177     
Sorry, missed your galley mention. The cabin has a drain tube that runs into thebilge area under the fuel tank, so any water in the cabin drains into the bilge and not through the deck scuppers..
gorji posted 09-09-2006 01:38 PM ET (US)     Profile for gorji  Send Email to gorji     
Where is this tube located?
I washed the boat off its ocean salt and I have about 2 inches of water in the galley. I'd like to get it out easier than with a pale. Plus wondering if the boat was ever swamped what would happen to the water in the galley.
gorji posted 09-09-2006 04:36 PM ET (US)     Profile for gorji  Send Email to gorji     
Well the water is gone but I'd still like to see where the hose or drainage hole is. Must be near batteries. The boat drained with on a trailer with bow [higher than the] stern. But it was relatively slow.
Mambo Minnow posted 09-10-2006 10:16 AM ET (US)     Profile for Mambo Minnow    
A related question on my Conquest cuddy cabin. I have a small (penny diameter) hole on the aft floor bulkhead, below the foot step. It frequently allows residual bilge water fore from aft that the bilge pump can not completely eliminate to flow forward onto the cabin floor when the boat is trimmed slightly bow down.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be this hole there or some sort of plastic plug to seal it?

It does not appear to be some sort of modification. I really don't need it to see into the bilge, as there is are three access covers on the cockpit deck, including one between the two helm seats.

gorji posted 09-10-2006 04:31 PM ET (US)     Profile for gorji  Send Email to gorji     
I am surprised that there are no replies to my question and Mambo Minnow's. I am going to call BW tomorrow.
dauntlass 18 posted 09-11-2006 06:50 AM ET (US)     Profile for dauntlass 18  Send Email to dauntlass 18     
Mambo Minnow if the fitting you are talking about is just below the cabin step I seem to remember mine has a threaded plug which is threaded in from the cockpit side of the bulk head just ahead of the fuel tank.I do not have any water on the cabin floor problems and have not touched the fitting or plug in years.I am sure the hole is plugged.The only other drain I am aware of is the anchor locker drain which is thru the hull at the bow.Whaler did a good job of sealing the anchor locker bulk head because no water ever flowed into the cabin on my Conquest when the anchor locker drain clogs
Mambo Minnow posted 09-11-2006 01:44 PM ET (US)     Profile for Mambo Minnow    
Dauntless 18 - Correct, that is the location to which I am referring.

The hole does not appear threaded, but I did note I received a second threaded plug with the boat. I assumed this was an extra for the garboard drain hole. Perhaps this is actually what it is for.

I will try to put it in the opening. Thanks for the tip. If you can send a picture of the hole and fitting under the cabin step, that would be a big help. The Whalerparts diagram does not show any plug on the schematics there.

gorji posted 09-11-2006 07:56 PM ET (US)     Profile for gorji  Send Email to gorji     
BW customer service said that there is a plug behind the battery box. I will confirm next time I see her.
Mambo Minnow posted 09-11-2006 08:26 PM ET (US)     Profile for Mambo Minnow    
Gorji - the Whalerparts schematics clearly show both a garboard plug and a cabin plug on your CON 205.

I have the earlier CON 21. Those schematics don't show a plug under the cabin step, but I suspect it is there as Dauntless 18 has my same model. No part no. for me to order, so I guess I too will have to call Chuck Bennett.

Treypescatorie posted 09-11-2006 08:34 PM ET (US)     Profile for Treypescatorie  Send Email to Treypescatorie     
Mambo Minnow , I have a 2000 21 conquest. The drain hole under the step can be plugged with a regular rubber drain plug. I used one on mine and have not had any water in the cabin since.
gorji posted 09-11-2006 09:05 PM ET (US)     Profile for gorji  Send Email to gorji     
Mambo Minnow I have an Eastport 205. Thanks for the info.
Plotman posted 09-12-2006 01:51 PM ET (US)     Profile for Plotman  Send Email to Plotman     
The eastport 205 has been renamed the conquest 205. They are the same boat.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.