Search found 4 matches

by cleaver97
Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Forum: REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS
Topic: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair
Replies: 17
Views: 23876

Re: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair

Thank you for the input. I guess I have one of my winter projects ready to go! Thank you JimH for combining the two threads, really clarified everything for viewing the project, couldn't figure how to do it. [The best way to avoid having two threads is to not have two threads to begin with; find the...
by cleaver97
Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:06 pm
Forum: REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS
Topic: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair
Replies: 17
Views: 23876

Anchor Hatch Repair

Follow up on my anchor hatch cover repair on my 1993 15' Dauntless. As recommended by this forum I ended up taking anchor hatch cover apart to verify any dry rot damage and I am glad I did. Now that I have removed the damaged wood the solid material is much more difficult to remove and am concerned ...
by cleaver97
Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:59 pm
Forum: REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS
Topic: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair
Replies: 17
Views: 23876

Re: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair

Thanks for the wealth of information Jim, I will read thru. One item I forgot to mention in original post, has anyone had experience with the West System Six10 Epoxy Adhesive (see link below) for fiberglass repair? I have used the product in construction on wood joints and results were impressive bu...
by cleaver97
Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm
Forum: REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS
Topic: Anchor hatch fiberglass repair
Replies: 17
Views: 23876

Anchor hatch fiberglass repair

Unknown-1.jpeg Unknown-3.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg Not a fiberglass expert but willing to learn, my 1993 Dauntless anchor hatch cover has been separating over the years and was not sure of the best approach for a permanent repair. Could I pour a epoxy resin into the void and clamp? I have looked into a t...