Search found 8 matches
- Fri Mar 20, 2026 3:32 pm
- Forum: REPAIRS and MODIFICATIONS
- Topic: Trolling Motor for 2023 150 MONTAUK
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1339
Trolling Motor for 2023 150 MONTAUK
I plan to add a trolling motor to my new-from-the-dealer 2023 150 MONTAUK, which already has the trolling package option that includes a battery box, pre-wiring, a reinforced mounting plate in bow, and bow [electrical] outlets. I primarily will use the for pleasure riding and fishing. I plan to inst...
- Fri Mar 20, 2026 3:06 pm
- Forum: SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL
- Topic: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
- Replies: 14
- Views: 49581
Re: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
Thanks all for the invaluable advice. Based on responses I’ve decided to go a different route and purchased a Standard Horizon HX890 handheld. I agree with the overall sentiment… flush mount may be nice but could cause problems later on if/when electronics need to be replaced. Black box would be the...
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 4:14 pm
- Forum: SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL
- Topic: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
- Replies: 14
- Views: 49581
Re: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
Interesting point. Could you expand more on the jump pack?
Would it “recharge” your battery through a terminal (male/female adapter) directly the battery?
Would it “recharge” your battery through a terminal (male/female adapter) directly the battery?
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 11:15 am
- Forum: SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL
- Topic: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
- Replies: 14
- Views: 49581
Re: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
Wow - thank you for the wealth of knowledge and detailed response JIMH. At this point - I think it makes most sense to add an additional battery as a redundancy. Will need to confirm how it will recharge - electronics and batteries were pre-installed by Boston Whaler. Additionally, 60 hp engine does...
- Mon Mar 09, 2026 11:03 pm
- Forum: SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL
- Topic: Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
- Replies: 14
- Views: 49581
Adding Electronics to 150 MONTAUK
Currently on my 2023 150 MONTAUK there is a Garmin 9-inch chart plotter/SONAR installed. The boat is wired for a trolling motor and has an extra battery box--but no second battery. The only battery is an Interstate 24-M-XHD model. I plan to install a GARMIN model 115 flush-mounted VHF Marine Band ra...
- Thu Mar 05, 2026 1:32 pm
- Forum: The GAM
- Topic: 2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
- Replies: 10
- Views: 29955
Re: 2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
jimh—I much appreciate for your insight.
- Tue Mar 03, 2026 2:51 pm
- Forum: The GAM
- Topic: 2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
- Replies: 10
- Views: 29955
Re: 2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
Great! Thank you for the input. The boat is currently in a marina - so having to unload and load the gas tank is no longer a step for me. While it was convenient to remove the existing tank, it was also quite a bit to carry around once at full capacity. Thank you for sharing info on the 170 Moeller ...
- Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:25 pm
- Forum: The GAM
- Topic: 2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
- Replies: 10
- Views: 29955
2023 150 MONTAUK Fuel Tank Fitment
I need advice about choosing an aftermarket fuel tank to use on a 2023 150 MONTAUK I see there are 18-gallon and 22-gallon Moeller [on-deck] fuel tanks that are specifically meant for a 2023 150 MONTAUK. However, I’d find it very surprising for either to fit under the console seating without modifyi...