PLEASE READ PRIVATE MESSAGES

Introduction to the forum software and its feature. You can use this for test postings. This is not a boating forum
jimh

PLEASE READ PRIVATE MESSAGES

Postby jimh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:31 pm

I have sent over 40 private messages which have never been read by their recipients regarding movement of their articles from one forum area to another. Please, everyone, check for private messages when visiting the forum. Private messages can only be read and notices of them will only appear if you are logged into the forum when browsing.

jimp

Re: PLEASE READ PRIVATE MESSAGES

Postby jimp » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:25 am

JimH -

I try to keep up with all notifications but as you mentioned you must be logged in to see them. I don't always log in when visiting.

I just checked my "Board Preferences" in my "account" and didn't have the "Email" boxes checked for the "Edit Notification Options" tab. Will that help me get notifications while not logged in?

I'd guess that many members are missing private messages because they aren't logged in and don't get an email saying they have a message.

JimP

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:28 pm

I don't believe the present forum software used here sends emails to alert you to a private message. That seems like a goofy method. If you were going to get an email, why wouldn't the private message be sent in the email?

jimp

Postby jimp » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:58 pm

JimH -

I got an email notification saying you responded to the topic. Here's what I have in my "Edit Notification Options".
Attachments
Notification options.JPG
Notification options.JPG (41.63 KiB) Viewed 17432 times

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Heya--That is very good to know. I wasn't aware of that option.

For clarification; each user can set his own option for how he will be notified if a private message has been sent to the user. This setting is in the user control panel. The setting is found in the BOARD PREFERENCE tab, in the EDIT NOTIFICATION OPTIONS page.