I-Command Gauges v Lowrance LMF-series

Information about Evinrude I-Command, ICON Pro, and ICON Touch Color Displays
Marc-B

I-Command Gauges v Lowrance LMF-series

Postby Marc-B » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am

Many questions here:

--are the Evinrude I-Command gauges the same as the Lowrance LMF200?

--will these gauges display the trim setting on an E-TEC 90 inline 3 cylinder?

--with the Evinrude I-Command gauge, what would be the minimum cables required to connect the gauge to the EMM of the ETEC 90 and no other devices or probes?

Thanks

jimh

Re: I-Command Gauges v Lowrance LMF-series

Postby jimh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 am

Marc-B wrote:--are the Evinrude I-Command gauges the same as the Lowrance LMF200?

The Evinrude I-Command gauges are mostly identical to Lowrance LMF series gauges, but there is one important, major, and significant difference: the I-Command gauges can interpret and display proprietary datagrams from the E-TEC engine.

Marc-B wrote:--will these gauges display the trim setting on an E-TEC 90 inline 3 cylinder?

A 90-HP E-TEC does not provide any TRIM data in its NMEA-2000 output, so no NMEA-2000 display can show it--a display cannot show data that is not there.

jimh

Re: I-Command Gauges v Lowrance LMF-series

Postby jimh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am

Marc-B wrote:--with the Evinrude I-Command gauge, what would be the minimum cables required to connect the gauge to the EMM of the ETEC 90 and no other devices or probes?

For advice on building a NMEA-2000 network and connecting an E-TEC, see my article on this topic in the REFERENCE section of the website. The website has a great deal of well-written, illustrated, and detailed articles on all your questions:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/refere ... A2000.html